The Newbys are an amazing family who spent years traveling the globe and finally settled in Portugal where they are building their dream homestead. One of their projects was transforming a dilapidated shed into a guest room/office — and the timelapse below shows the entire process!
They thought the project would only take a couple of weeks, but it ended up being a multi-month endeavor — but the results are totally worth it. What do you think of this conversion?
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Family Turns Shed Into A Guest House/Office
Here’s what the shed looked like at the beginning.
Littlest helpers cleaning up the shed.
Look at it now! Transformed.
Bigger windows and everything.
VIDEO: From dilapidated store room to luxury Tiny House FULL BUILD
- The video documents the journey of a family moving into their tiny house.
- The tiny house project started with the removal of the old roof and the installation of larger windows for better natural light.
- The roof replacement was a significant challenge due to the reinforced cement beams. The decision was made to remove the entire roof and the cement beams to create the envisioned space.
- The tiny house was designed with a wooden interior rather than cement.
- The house includes a bed, a living area, and a kitchen. It also has roof windows for additional light and views.
- The video shows the process of painting the interior of the house, which required multiple coats.
- The family also built a porch for the tiny house, which involved digging holes for the porch poles and installing the doors.
- The tiny house is also the family’s new office.
- The video ends with a tour of the completed tiny house, which includes a mirror, hooks, and other finishing touches.
- Future projects for the family include irrigation around the farm, making pickles and chutneys, farming, building tree houses, and renovating houses.
- Shed Turned Tiny House in Texas
- Family’s 450 sq. ft. Garden Shed Home with a Pink Bathroom
- Her Tool Shed Turned Tiny Cabin in Florida
Our big thanks to James D. for sharing!
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Park Model Tiny House with Covered Porch - February 29, 2024
- Her Gorgeous Tiny House Rental Design - February 29, 2024
- 24-ft. Green Accent Tiny House with Double Loft Bedrooms - February 29, 2024