When Danny and Katherine first learned about cob building, they were hooked! But they couldn’t jump right in due to a number of circumstances. Eventually, they were able to build a “trial” cob tiny home on her parents’ property, where they lived for a few years while saving and planning for their forever home on their own property which they own outright!
They’ve been in this 700-800 square foot cob dwelling now for a couple of years, and the lack of debt allows Katherine to stay home with her daughter. The house is absolutely stunning inside, with all kinds of details they spent a decade planning out “just right.” They even used all recycled windows to keep costs down and to be more sustainable.
Jenna at Tiny House Giant Journey did a great video tour with the couple which you can watch below, where you’ll even learn a bit about cob building. And if you really want to delve in, Danny and Katherine teach cob-building classes!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Their 700 Square Foot Cob Home Built For Family Life
These beetle-kill dead trees found on their property made amazing supports!
Here’s their kitchen with custom cabinetry.
Check out that heating system! Watch the video for details.
Their daughter’s room has awesome built-in shelves.
And the master bedroom has those great beams!
Upstairs is a multi-purpose room.
VIDEO: Family’s Magical COB HOUSE made w/ Earth and Straw
- 2 bedrooms with additional loft bedroom/playspace
- Open-concept kitchen and living room
- Epic heating system
- Family of three
- Give workshops on natural building
- Follow the family on Instagram
- Their website and workshops
- Subscribe to Tiny House Giant Journey on YouTube
- They Built A Cob Tiny House With No Permits
- Jordana’s Straw bale and Cob Cabins in Oregon!
- Fairytale Cob Cottage with Living/Green Roof
Our big thanks to Jenna for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- 271-sq.-ft. Porto Model by Polish Tiny House Builder - May 8, 2021
- Dave’s Milk Barn Cabin In High Falls, New York - May 8, 2021
- The Digital Nomad Guy and His Epic Bus Home - May 7, 2021