This is the Wright family, the first clients of David Latimer at New Frontier Tiny Homes, who lost their tiny house in the wildfires that ripped through Boulder Creek, CA. We did a post about their house that they’ve been using as an Airbnb for some time. Now that income is gone, as well as many family heirlooms and possessions. Latimer has set up a GoFundMe account for the family here.
The Wrights couldn’t find an insurance provider to cover their tiny house in case of wildfires, which means this is a complete loss. They found out about the devastation on the same day their new daughter was born.
They recently moved to North Carolina and have a home there, so they are, thankfully, safe and housed at the moment. That said, they could use our support! Consider donating here.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
California Wildfires Destroy this Family’s Tiny House
Here’s what the home looked like before the devastation.
And here is what’s left after the fires…
Big sister Escher with her newborn sister…
The family in their tiny house…
- The Escher Tiny House Vacation in Boulder Creek
- Tiny House on Wheels with a Full-Size Shower: The Orchid THOW by New Frontier Tiny Homes
- New Frontier Tiny House That Literally Runs On Dunkin’
Our big thanks to David for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Avoid Highway: Dark & Moody Bus Conversion - October 25, 2021
- 58 ft. Black Prong Park Model Home w/ TWO Screened-In Porches - October 25, 2021
- Plāhaus: Super Sleek Tiny House Vacation - October 24, 2021