Wow! Check out this pirate ship in the trees!
This fun accommodation at Tanglewood Retreat in Waimauku, New Zealand was created from a 150 year old sailboat that was deemed un-seaworthy. Stace and her team took the boat, hoisted it into the trees, and transformed it with reclaimed materials into an epic getaway.
Up the spiral staircase you’ll find 129 square feet of pirate-themed fun, including a hidden rum compartment with a skull and crossbones. There’s a big seating area in the back, a cozy sleeping spot in the hull, and a skylight that gives you access to the deck.
Enjoy the amazing video tour from Living Big in a Tiny House below!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Sleep in A Pirate Ship Treehouse in New Zealand
The spiral staircase takes you up to the door.
Reclaimed windows give this such a fun feel.
There are tons of pirate details and decorations in this little space.
A perfect cozy sleeping area for a couple people.
VIDEO: 150 Year Old Sailboat Transformed Into Pirate Treehouse
- 150 year old sailing ship
- Turned into nightly accommodation
- Almost entirely built from reclaimed materials
- Mast found on the side of the road!
- Spiral staircase up into the “treehouse”
- Large seating area in back
- Cozy sleeping area in front
- Skylight to look at stars
- Open it up and climb out onto the top of the ship
- Treasure chest filled with pirate costumes
- Floating Rooms Minimalist Tiny House Design
- Grandparents Ditch Mortgage Life for Sailboat and VW Van Life
- Tiny Floating Chapel Cottage near Sarasota Florida
Our big thanks to Bryce for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Cessna Aircraft and Treehouse Vacation in France - April 18, 2021
- “Rebellious” Patricia & Jean-François Choose Tiny Living in France - April 17, 2021
- Isabelle’s Baluchon-Built Tiny House: The Nottingham - April 16, 2021