This is the story of Tony and Margo. They are retired grandparents who ditched the traditional life of a house with a mortgage and switched to a more mobile and adventurous lifestyle.
They now enjoy living in their 1987 Catalina 36 sailboat along with a 1982 VW Westfalia van that they call their Baja Buggy. The couple has been living on their sailboat for over 20 years now.
Please don’t miss other exciting tiny homes like this – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter!
Retired Couple Living Aboard Catalina 36 Sailboat for 20+ Years
This is what it’s like when they’re using the sailboat as their home.
It’s actually pretty spacious.
This is what the cozy bedroom looks like in the sailboat.
When they’re on land, they like to live and get around with their VW van camper.
It’s a wonderful micro-studio on wheels!
And when you find a spot like this…
Video: Retired Grandparents Ditch Mortgage for Life at Sea
- The couple have been married for over 50 years
- They have now been living in a sailboat for 20 years after spending 3 years selling their home, cars, and getting rid of their debts
- They also have a 1982 VW Westfalia Van for traveling on land
- They live aboard a Catalina 36 sailboat
- The boat has a 25 horsepower diesel engine
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!