In the world of tiny house living, every journey is unique, and every story is inspiring. Today, we bring you the story of Denetra, a Christian-based therapist who has embraced the tiny house lifestyle with faith and financial wisdom. Her journey was beautifully captured in a video by Tiny House Expedition, a YouTube channel dedicated to sharing tiny house tours and stories.
Denetra’s journey to tiny house living began in a three-level townhome in Las Vegas. However, the pandemic pushed her out of her comfort zone, leading her to consider a simpler, more sustainable lifestyle. Despite initial apprehensions about the logistics of tiny house living, Denetra took the leap, driven by her faith and a desire for a quieter life closer to nature.
Don’t miss other inspiring stories like this, join our Free Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Embracing Tiny House Living: A Therapist’s Journey of Faith and Financial Wisdom
Denetra’s tiny house, named Bethany Blue, is a 26-ft Tumbleweed Cypress Equator model. Despite its compact size of 272 square feet, the house is packed with functional and space-saving features.
Upon entering the house, you are greeted by a well-organized entryway with storage for shoes and coats. A cozy nook area provides additional storage and a comfortable place to relax. The house also features a storage loft, a dining area that doubles as an exercise space, and a kitchen equipped with a three-burner gas stove and an apartment-sized fridge.
The bathroom, complete with a flush toilet and a shower, is a testament to the practicality of tiny house design. The house also includes a home office, a necessity for Denetra’s work as a therapist, and a sleeping loft.
One of the most enlightening aspects of Denetra’s story is her approach to the financial aspects of tiny house living. She shares that her tiny house cost $98,000, which she financed through a tiny home mortgage loan. When compared to the cumulative cost of rent she paid over the years, Denetra found that owning a tiny house was a more economical choice for her.
Denetra lives in Acony Bell Tiny Home Village in Mills River, North Carolina, a community that embraces tiny house living. Set on 50 acres of land, the village offers a serene environment and amenities like hiking trails. Despite its tranquility, it’s close to Asheville city, balancing peaceful living with city conveniences. The community, sharing a commitment to simplicity and sustainability, supports and enhances Denetra’s chosen lifestyle.
Denetra’s story is a testament to the possibilities of tiny house living. As a Black woman in the tiny house community, she hopes to inspire others to pursue their dreams of tiny house living. Her faith played a significant role in her decision to live in a tiny house, and she expresses gratitude for her current lifestyle.
Denetra’s journey is a reminder that tiny house living is not just about downsizing; it’s about creating a life that aligns with your values and aspirations. Whether you’re considering a transition to tiny house living or just curious about the lifestyle, Denetra’s story is sure to inspire.
For more tiny house stories and tours, check out the full video on the Tiny House Expedition YouTube channel.
Video Tour: Solo Woman’s Tiny House journey led by her Faith & Finances
- Denetra, a Christian-based therapist, transitioned from living in a three-level townhome in Las Vegas to a 26-ft tiny house named Bethany Blue.
- The tiny house, a Tumbleweed Cypress Equator model, is packed with functional and space-saving features including a well-organized entryway, a cozy nook area, a storage loft, a dining area that doubles as an exercise space, and a fully-equipped kitchen.
- The house also includes a bathroom with a flush toilet and a shower, a home office for Denetra’s virtual therapy sessions, and a sleeping loft.
- Denetra financed her $98,000 tiny house through a tiny home mortgage loan, which she found to be a more economical choice compared to the cumulative cost of rent she paid over the years.
- As a Black woman in the tiny house community, Denetra hopes to inspire others to pursue their dreams of tiny house living.
- Denetra credits her faith as a significant factor in her decision to live in a tiny house and expresses gratitude for her current lifestyle.
- Acony Bell Tiny House Community in North Carolina
- The Magnolia Tiny House Vacation at Acony Bell Tiny Home Community
- Author & Husband Downsize from 3,000 to 320 Sq. Ft.
Our big thanks to Alexis and Christian of Tiny House Expedition for sharing!🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- They Built The Most Futuristic Van Conversion For $25K - February 16, 2024
- 2023 Cedar Cabin Sprinter Van Conversion - February 13, 2024
- Minimaliste 30 Foot Nomad Tiny House - February 11, 2024