What better way to find your future home than by traveling the whole country? That’s what former manager Colin is doing in his 2003 Ford E350 Short Bus conversion. Tired of his high-paced life in San Francisco, he purchased and converted the bus to meet his unique needs.
He ramped up his solar, so he could run a larger fridge and freezer for meat and beer, as well as an awesome outdoor shower with plenty of hot water. His goal is to find a small town somewhere where he’ll buy land and build a house. What do you like most about his rig?
Don’t miss other amazing tiny house stories, join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
His 2003 Ford E350 Short Bus w/ 600 Watts of Solar
Even with all that solar, he made room for a roof deck.
He used lots of cargo nets for storage.
VIDEO: DIY Short Diesel School Bus – Off-Grid Tiny House
- Had a good management position, and made great money in the San Francisco area
- Had very little “him-time”
- Decided he wanted to travel
- Purchased a bus that had been in a single school system and then a couple started a conversion
- He was able to complete the work and make it work for him
- His non-negotiable requirements were a larger apartment-sized fridge, more solar and a full-sized bed
- Short Bus Conversion with Shatterproof Glass
- The Bibia Bus: DIY Short Bus Conversion w/ Shower
- Empty Nester’s Little Homie Skoolie Conversion
Our big thanks to Tiny Home Tours for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
‘If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
More Like This: Tiny Houses | Motorhomes | Bus Conversions | Conversions | Video Tour
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Natalie C. McKee
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- The N1 at ESCAPE Village Now Has a Carport - June 6, 2023
- Couple’s Gorgeous Skoolie w/ Office, Bathroom & Tons of Storage - June 6, 2023
- Jazz Musician’s Epic 25-Inch Roof Raise Skoolie - June 6, 2023