It’s a 28-ft. tiny on wheels with a unique interior design. It’s a no-loft build with lots of surprises. Would you buy or build and live in a tiny house like this? Take a look for yourself below!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny house designs like this, join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
The Calliope 28-ft. Tiny House with Skylit Bathroom by Rewild Homes
Named after the hummingbird species that inspired the colour palette, the Calliope (pronounced “Kah-LAY-oh-pee” is a 28′ single storey tiny home that’s full of surprises.
The exterior of the home is a combination of painted cedar and hearty tin for maximum durability. A drop down deck with a lift assist awning and fold out stairs, built by Cowichan Valley artisan WroughtenArt, makes setting up a breeze!
Inside the home and starting with the front door there are a variety of smart home systems installed, including locks, lights, and outlets. A 5′ wide built-in desk area also includes an HDMI port which is connected to a projector mount on the ceiling, allowing a projector screen to be mounted on the large end window for cozy movie nights.
Underneath of the desk is a pull-out dining area including two benches so you can still have friends over for dinner and plenty of space for crafting or working. There is more storage included in the stairs heading up to the raised bed area, including a little pet nook under one of the stairs.
On the other side of the home, you’ll find a raised kitchen with a pull-out guest bed that slides out from underneath. The raised kitchen also provides storage space for the on-board water tanks and off-grid system, as well as general storage accessible from outside. Granite countertops, deep royal blue cabinets, and under cabinet lighting, with copper fixtures and finishes and raspberry-stained upper cabinets make this kitchen on-of-a-kind.
Appliances include propane on-demand water heat, a propane range, combo washer/dryer, dishwasher, composting toilet, and a full-sized fridge, as well as a full solar system so you can live comfortably without a power connection.
Every tiny house that Rewild Homes builds is 100% custom, so the pricing and building timetable varies.
- Named after the hummingbird species that the colors are inspired by
- It’s a 28-ft. tiny house on wheels
- Built by Rewild Homes
- Builder is located on the west coast of British Columbia
- This is a single-story tiny house design and build
- It is a 100% custom build
- The exterior is a combination of painted cedar and hearty tin
- There is a drop-down deck with a lift assist awning
- There are fold-out stairs that are built by artisan WroughtenArt
- Smart home features like a smart lock, lights, and outlets.
- 5-ft. wide built-in desk with HDMI ports for the projector system that’s mounted on the ceiling.
- Under the desk, there’s a pull-out dining system.
- There’s a built-in pet nook in this area, as well, under the staircase to the bedroom.
- On the other side of the tiny house is the raised kitchen, which houses a pull-out guest bed.
- There’s also storage space here for the onboard water tanks and off-grid systems which are accessible from the outside of the tiny house.
- The kitchen features granite countertops, royal blue cabinets, copper fixtures, under-cabinet lighting, and raspberry-stained upper cabinets.
- Appliances include an on-demand hot water heater, combo washer/dryer, dishwasher, composting toilet, full-size refrigerator, and a full solar system for off-grid living.
- What do you think?
More Rewild Homes Tiny Houses
- The Stellar Jay 24-ft Tiny House by Rewild Homes
- The Kestrel 24-ft. Tiny Home by Rewild Homes
- The 24-ft. Fox Sparrow Tiny Home by Rewild Homes
Our big thanks to Rewild Homes for sharing!🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- Building A $13K Cabin In 55 Days - January 26, 2021
- He’s Building a Tiny House with 6-ft. Jacuzzi Tub And Spiral Staircase (Still Under Construction) - January 14, 2021
- 2017 Escape Vista Tiny House in Portland, Oregon (For Sale) - January 14, 2021