If you’ve been following #skoolies for awhile, you’ll know that converting a school bus is a lot of work! What if you could get one that’s mostly complete? While this bus does need some updates (a few cracked windows and mechanical issues), the roof is raised and the interior looks stunning.
You’ll find an L-shaped kitchen, breakfast bar looking out the windows, a private toilet room and a glass shower that separates the spacious bedroom from the rest of the house. There are more details below the pictures!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Alberta Raised-Roof Skoolie w/ Glass Shower For Sale
Breakfast bar looks out the window.
The “waterfall” countertops are gorgeous.
Cozy bedroom in the back of the bus.
Closet area and a toilet room behind the door.
Many appliances included.
The skylight will need to be replaced (there’s a crack).
Now that’s a luxury shower!
Here’s the bus exterior.
- 1990 Bluebird School Bus Tiny House Conversion
- V8 – propane (and gasoline – but the gas system doesn’t work)
- 40 ft
- Roof raised 20 inches, so lots of headroom!
- Spray foam insulation.
- Nice, large windows.
- Queen bed at the rear and futon pulls out in to a queen bed.
- Waterfall style countertop.
- Soft close cupboards.
- Drawer fridge and freezer.
- Composting toilet (no black water needed!)
- Heated by a wood stove and a floor board heater.
- Wired for 125V RV outlet.
- Electric and plumbing hook-up present for a washer/dryer.
- Does not include bedding or artwork seen in photos.
- Many appliances included (coffee maker, toaster oven, induction burner)
- Also included: paint, additional coconut shell mix for the toilet, 125V cable, heated hoses x2
- Was driven across the US, then purchased by a Canadian on the west coast (hence the photos). It sat on his property for 2 years and was lived in full time. I purchased in early winter to start my tiny house dream, and unfortunately, life had other plans. I spent ~$5000 having the brake lines replaced and improving how it runs at idle. If looking to ship across the mountains, I know a company. 😉
- The two cons are: 1. that the skylight cracked this winter. I noticed early and sealed with gorilla tape, but it will need to be replaced. We can either factor that in to the pricing, or I can try to have replaced ahead of time. 2. The outer window in the two pane window in the bathroom cracked. Was that way before I purchased.
- Price: $70000 (CAD) obo
- Put in an offer on Facebook (Note: Once this sells the link will no longer work)
- Short School Bus With Raised Roof
- She Built a $12k Raised-Roof, Short-Bus Skoolie with her Dad!
- She Used a Boat to Raise Her Bus Roof!
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
‘If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- 2012 Chevrolet Express Short Bus Conversion For Sale - December 5, 2022
- Modern and Minimal Lofted Cascade Max - December 5, 2022
- Luxury Ocean Studios for Dillon Beach Resort - December 4, 2022