JustBioFiber is a company that has found a solution to many of hemp’s shortcomings when it comes to building. While “hempcrete” alone can’t be loadbearing, the epoxy block centers give the hemp structural integrity. It also makes it easy to run electrical wires inside the blocks.
As you can imagine from the pictures, building with these hemp blocks is easy! And the results? Strong homes that retain heating or cooling because of their high R-values. The blocks are a mixture of hemp core (from the stalk of the plant) and lime. You can plaster the interior and exterior for a smooth finish. What do you think?
Don’t miss other super-cool tiny houses like this, join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
These Blocks Made it Easy to Build w/ Hemp
Here is one Hemp House in process.
Another one going up.
A completed JustBioFiber home!
VIDEO: Amazing Lego-style Hemp Blocks
- DomeGaia: Building Dome Homes with AirCrete
- Earthen Block Home Built for $50K From Local Earth!
- This Epic Cob House is Off-Grid and Earthquake Resistant!
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Their Gooseneck Timbercraft Tiny Home at Tiny Tranquility - December 7, 2022
- Life in her Micro Transit Connect Van Conversion - December 7, 2022
- Family’s Beautiful Mountain Tiny Home - December 6, 2022