When these empty nesters moved from Texas to California, they never imagined they’d choose full-time life on the water! But they discovered that purchasing a boat home was far more affordable than they’d originally thought, and they are now celebrating 5 years of marina life.
After two years in a smaller boat, they upgraded to 1988 DeFever 44 Trawler. It has a large main bedroom, a forward berth for guests, and two heads. In their kitchen (galley) you’ll find a bunch of adorable red retro appliances which they use to cook and entertain their friends.
And their decks, of course, provide an awesome place to enjoy the sunny San Diego weather. Watch their tour below!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Their Marina Lifestyle with Two Pups
Their “salon” or living area, with recovered cushions.
They have come to love their “Marina Family.”
VIDEO: Empty Nesters Downsize to a Gorgeous Trawler
- Family of 6 Traveling the World in Their 28 Ft. Sailboat (with NO engine)!
- Navy Serviceman And His Epic Boat Home
- Expedition Evans: From Van Life to Salvaging a Sailboat
Our big thanks to Erika for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Park Model Tiny House with Covered Porch - February 29, 2024
- Her Gorgeous Tiny House Rental Design - February 29, 2024
- 24-ft. Green Accent Tiny House with Double Loft Bedrooms - February 29, 2024