When he lived in Japan, Joe lived the #vanlife, travelling around the country. So tiny living is nothing new to him. When he wanted a spot to live in the States, he ended up choosing 36ft, 1982 Ed Munk offshore yacht — named Toko — which he has lived on for the past year.
As a Navy Serviceman, he knew a lot about large boats and the rules of sea, but he’s learned a lot since making a smaller boat his home sweet home. For the most part, he stays close to land for his job, but he can pick up and sail away for a day or a week whenever he’d like! Now that’s a cool life.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Joe and Toko: Life on The Water in Crown City
Here’s Joe in the salon of his boat.
Would you enjoy life on the water?
VIDEO: Living Full Time Aboard A Houseboat Tiny Home
- Darcy Chose a Boat over a Mortgage & It’s Awesome!
- Couple Escapes London Rent With Narrowboat Cottage
- Small Space Living in a Narrowboat Tiny Home in London
Our big thanks to Allison of Tiny Home Tours for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Their Boho Shuttle Bus Conversion - October 21, 2021
- From 3000-sq.-ft. House to 57-sq.-ft. Class B Van - October 21, 2021
- He Used an ATV Winch To Create an Epic Murphy Bed in His Cargo Trailer Camper - October 20, 2021