We’ve seen a lot of people build tiny homes as rental units, but in this case Rodney and his wife rent their larger home and live tiny during the summer!
It all started some years back, when Rodney needed a spot to store his stuff after life took an unexpected turn. Some friends offered a spot on their land if he built a nice-looking shed, so he did just that. But when he got married three years ago and built a “big” house, he and his wife decided to convert the shed into a tiny house so they could rent out their larger home.
What’s awesome about the conversion is they did it on the cheap — he reused cabinets from different kitchens and reclaimed metal roofing which he then painted. The house isn’t filled with fancy things, but is completely practical for the couple’s summer lifestyle. Look at the photos below and watch the video tour with Tiny Home Tours!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Part-time Tiny Living in this 12×16 Shed
The entire home has beautiful knotting pine siding.
They have a 42 inch TV and a large comfortable couch.
They used this “wasted” space behind the door as a closet.
He opted for a 4-ft-wide shower stall.
The kitchen features full-sized appliances.
There’s a California King Mattress in the loft bedroom.
VIDEO: Alaskan 12×16 Shed Tiny House
- 12×16 Shed
- Reclaimed metal roofing (repainted)
- Covered deck
- Loft bedroom fits California King
- Full-sized appliances in the kitchen
- 4-foot wide shower stall
- 42 inch TV
- Large reclining sofa
- Behind-door closet area
- Lakefront Shed Turned Vacation Villa
- Family of 6’s Mortgage-Free Shed-to-House & Homestead
- Barn Shed Converted to $15k Tiny Cabin
Our big thanks to Allison for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Goodbye NYC, Hello RV! Traveling in Big Blue - January 20, 2021
- Art We There Yet? Artists’ Mobile Home & Studio with Murphy Bed - January 20, 2021
- Renovated 5th Wheel RV: Interview with Caroline and Daniel - January 19, 2021