Purposely Lost is an amazing woodland retreat space in Sandford, Maine where you can stay in one of three treehouses or one of two “Hobbit” houses. This underground home, pictured below, is a stunning blend of cozy and luxurious, with warm wood tones, leather accents, and stonework.
The home looks like a hill from the outside, with moss and mud surrounding the doors and windows. But when you enter, it’s anything but dingy and dirty! Instead, the comfortable space is outfitted with a full kitchen, a full bathroom (with a tiled shower stall!), and a gorgeous stone (electric) fireplace. Could you live in this space?
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Private Patio, Stone Staircase & Luxury Finishes
There’s a fire pit on the stone patio outdoors.
Here’s a cool construction picture that shows off the stonework.
Luxurious leather couch and an electric fireplace.
Sit at the island on these gorgeous leather stools.
The kitchen has such high ceilings!
Love the fern print over the mantle!
More fern details on the wall! Notice the projector so you can watch movies.
One of the cozy bedrooms with a porthole window.
The headboard is a stunning slab of live-edge wood.
Adorable custom arched door.
Beautiful built-in shelving.
What a gorgeous color for those tiles!
More live-edge wood on the vanity.
There’s glassware for every occasion.
That’s a really neat high-tech lamp!
A deep stainless steel sink makes it easy to wash dishes.
- Comfortable earthen home that looks far fancier indoors than you’d think from the exterior!
- The Hobbit Home is all one level with no stairs or lofts, but two private bedrooms with queen beds.
- There’s a full kitchen with an island eat-in bar that flows seamlessly into the living room.
- A large fireplace adds comfort and charm to the interior.
- The home is full of high-end custom finishes.
- There’s one full bathroom with a gorgeous green-tiled shower stall.
- The large outdoor patio includes a beautiful water feature, fire ring and hot tub.
- Living Roof Hobbit-Themed Cottage
- Earthen Block Home Built for $50K From Local Earth!
- Navajo Family Shares Ancestral Earthen Homes on Airbnb
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Beautifully-Crafted Vardo-Style Tiny House For Sale! - November 28, 2023
- Nigel & Sue’s Van Conversion: Exploring Australia - November 28, 2023
- 20-ft. Pink & Teal Tiny House by Kaiser Tiny Homes - November 27, 2023