Phil Ross, with the help of the Local Lake County Seasoned Freelancers, designed and built this one-of-a-kind “functional art” tiny house on wheels that offers 360-degree views of the outside with the clever placement of windows all around the tiny home.
But what really makes this unique is there’s an electric bed lift and an elevator to the loft bedroom! While we’ve seen elevator beds before, I don’t think we’ve ever seen an elevator *to* a loft. Would that feature make you rethink a tiny house with a loft bedroom?
Don’t miss other amazing tiny homes like this – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Electric Bed Lift & Elevator to the Loft!
There’s a barn-style metal roof to keep it weather-tight.
You can see the elevator bed, lowered, in this shot.
The metal contraption on the wall is the elevator to the loft.
There’s also a ladder to the loft that lowers when needed.
A futon couch provides seating in the living room.
There’s a swing installed for when you need to feel a bit of child-like wonder.
Here’s the other access to the main loft.
Check out how the back opens up!
Looking down from the loft.
The bed platform folds up!
There are little side tables with lamps.
There are lots of windows to keep the loft feeling open.
The elevator bed has lots of head room even when all the way “up.”
Here we are in the bathroom.
A pretty groovy pink tub!
There’s also a toilet and sink in the bathroom.
I love the seating in the very front!
Look at the awesome glow at night!
A Functional Art New Self-Build (with helpers). It’s a culmination of dozens of years as a Full Time RVer.
What makes it clever is that from any point in the unit, there’s a 360-degree outside. And each area has three functions. No cabin fever in this model. PLUS, it has an electric rear deck. An electric lift bed. And an ELEVATOR plus stairs to the master bedroom loft. The entire exterior is fireproof.
It sits on an olive ranch in Clearlake Oaks, CA. It’s on wheels but ready for a foundation or floats. Like all spontaneous creativity, the inspiration came from a napkin drawing to celebrate my 80th birthday. It’s a Legacy Project. The square footage is 320. There’s radiant heat with a ceiling fan. And 13′ high windows over the breakfast nook and upper loft. Check it out. Questions honored.
- Phil Ross, with the help of local freelancers, designed and built an incredible functional art tiny house on wheels.
- The tiny house offers 360-degree views of the outside through cleverly placed windows.
- The unique feature of this tiny house is the presence of an electric bed lift and an elevator to the loft bedroom.
- The elevator to the loft is a rare and innovative addition that sets this tiny house apart.
- The tiny house has multiple functional areas and eliminates any feeling of cabin fever.
- It features an electric rear deck, an electric lift bed, and an elevator with stairs to the master bedroom loft.
- The entire exterior of the tiny house is fireproof, ensuring safety and durability.
- The tiny house is located on an olive ranch in Clearlake Oaks, CA and is ready for a foundation or floats.
- The inspiration for the design came from a napkin drawing to celebrate Phil Ross’ 80th birthday, making it a legacy project.
- The tiny house has a total square footage of 320 and boasts radiant heat, a ceiling fan, and high windows.
- Don’t miss the opportunity to explore this functional art tiny house and learn more about its unique features.
- Artist’s Studio in Wilbur the Pink Bus
- Party Box Truck Conversion w/ Elevator Bed
- Newlywed’s Custom-Built THOW w/ Elevator Bed!
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- His Incredible DIY Adventure Rig - September 22, 2023
- Solar-Powered Gooseneck Tiny Home - September 22, 2023
- Her Stealthy and Affordable Box Truck Home Built for $8.5K - September 21, 2023