On a smallholding (family farm) near the England/Wales border sits The Dugout: A little cottage, literally dug from the hillside, filled with quirky cut stone floors and charming woodwork (including pulley light switches).
The handmade Chestnut Master bed sits in the round portion of the cottage. The home also has comfortable seating near a wood stove, a dining table, and small kitchen, as well as it’s signature feature: a library bath — literally a bathtub in a bookcase.
You are welcome to watch the farm owners going about their daily tasks, buy fresh meat and produce at the onsite shop, or for an additional fee, even participate in a woodworking workshop. Alternatively, you can sit on the patio and take in the astonishing views of the valley below. Book your stay here.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Live Like a Hobbit in this Shire-Themed Cottage
The yurt-like portion is attached to a rectangular dug-out home.
Notice there’s even a living roof!
All those windows let in wonderful sunlight.
Sleep well in the hand-made bed.
Walk out to make your morning cup of coffee.
Take a look at the cut stone by the pillar!
The book side-table is awesome.
What a perfect spot to get cozy.
Now that’s a unique lighting fixture!
And here’s the famous library bath.
Wow! Those views…
Could you enjoy a few days here?
- Cut stone floor
- Pulley light switches
- Hand carved light fittings
- Natural wooden beams
- Book encased bath
- Roundwood, chestnut king size bed
- Curtains have been custom printed
- Property houses local arts and crafts, some of which are for sale.
- All the plant based cleaning products and toiletries are supplied for your use.
- Optional Wifi. No children or pets.
- Yorkshire Shed-Turned-Cottage with Heated Floors
- Tegan’s Scottish Cottage Renovation in the Rural Countryside
- The Snoozy-Owl Pod: Perfect Cottage Getaway
Our big thanks to QuirkAccom for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Family’s Debt-Free Cob Home Took 10 Years of Planning! - October 23, 2020
- Chateau Treehouse Suspended in Three Towering Cypress Trees - October 22, 2020
- Carousel Treehouse with Vintage Vibes! - October 22, 2020