Here’s the gorgeous City Model from S’Mouse Tiny House Co. The all-new build is for sale in Houston, Texas for $74,500. It looks like a modern take on a classic Shepherd’s Hut, with the studio-style layout, curved roof, and modest 18-foot length. But the moody interior and contemporary fixtures make this an innovative design.
The house features a floor-level lounging area, with portable mats for a couch and a large television. Cork covers the walls and ceilings, and the rest of the features are painted a sleek gray-black color. There’s a loft bedroom (with plenty of headroom) built over the 3/4 bathroom. What’s your favorite feature of this design?
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter!
Beautiful, Modern, and Moody Tiny House on Wheels
It has a funky shape and cool shingled exterior.
This feels a bit like a Shepherd’s Hut, but a modern version
The kitchen has an induction cook top and a sleek stainless steel sink.
There’s a big picture window.
The cork wall is so natural and classy.
There are two mats for lounging in the living room.
A ladder takes you up to the loft bedroom.
The cork extends all the way to the cool, curved ceiling.
Shelves provide a spot for books and knickknacks.
This one fits a large TV!
The shower is beautifully tiled.
That’s a fun way to store towels!
The City model was designed and built with city utilities in mind. This tiny house works best in a location where water, electricity, and sewer are all readily available. However, the City Model can also be used on a generator and with a portable water and sewer tank solution. Due to its incredibly efficient design, the entire tiny house, with the exception of the Stiebel-Eltron electric on-demand water heater, can be powered via a single 120v 15amp household plug. This also means the tiny house can easily be converted to solar to run all the electrical, again with the exception of the electric on-demand water heater.
- Features include:
- Tiny Home Builders custom 18ft x 8ft tiny home trailer frame with 2 -5200 lb tandem drop axles and electric brakes
- 10ft x 8ft sleeping loft, large enough for king size mattress and room to circulate around mattress
- Total tiny house area 224 sq ft
- Pioneer 9000 BTU 21.5 seer inverter mini-split AC/ Heat Pump
- Stiebel-Eltron Tempra Trend 12 electric on-demand water heater 50amp, 240v
- All interior and exterior LED lighting
- Cork paneling lined walls and ceiling provide visual warmth and sound insulation
- Fully insulated walls, ceiling, and subfloor/ trailer frame with closed cell polyurethane foam; R-21 ceilings, R-14 walls and subfloor/ trailer frame
- Fully separated electrical panel with all wiring done to NEC code with GFCI and Arc-fault breakers
- Full size flush toilet, standing shower with frameless glass enclosure, and all plumbing and sewer pipes built to IRC code, ready to connect to city utilities
- True Induction 15″ 2 burner induction cooktop
EdgeStar 3.1 Cu. Ft. Energy Star Rated Fridge/Freezer with Interior Lighting
- GE 1.1 Cu. Ft. Stainless Steel Microwave
- Milgard thermally broken and insulated aluminum windows with LowE coating, tempered glass, and argon filled.
- 28-ft. Felicity Tiny House with Connecting Lofts
- Modern Tiny House With A Hot Tub in Bryson City
- 512 Sq. Ft. Cottage Dwell Guest House in the City by Kanga Room Systems
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses