While it can be difficult to find municipalities that allow for foundation homes under 400 square feet (our usual threshold for “tiny”), bumping up the square footage a bit can allow you to have a littler home on land.
The “Sno” plans from Small House Catalog looks like a perfect cabin home for a small family. At 600 sq. ft., the home includes a downstairs bedroom for parents, and a split loft where kids could have free reign.
The exterior has a lovely Scandinavian vibe, while inside it feels sleek and modern. Check out the renderings of the home below, and purchase your own plans here.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
600 Sq. Ft. Small Modern Cabin
The living room looks out the large window wall in the front.
Sit down here to family dinners.
Get tons of light from the windows!
Here’s the split loft with skylights.
Downstairs floor plan.
And upstairs floor plan.
- 1 bedroom, 2 sleeping lofts
- 1 bath
- 600 sq. ft.
- Length: 30’-0”
- Width: 20’-0”
- Height: 19’-0”
- Wall height: 9’-0”
- 2×6 R-21 + walls
- Trussed R-49 + roof
- Insulated slab foundation
- Mini-split heating & cooling
- Tankless water heating
- Wood or gas fireplace
- International Residential Code compliant
- Estimated cost to build is $150-200/ sq. ft.
- You get PDF plans emailed to you upon purchase
- Michael Janzen’s New Tiny House Floors Plans Book Is Loaded With Clever Designs (2021) + Giveaway
- El Big Chouky: Scandinavian-Style Tiny House on Wheels
- They Remodeled This 1970s Chalet Mountain Cabin
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses