Elisabeth was ready to get out of renting and had always wanted to build a little wooden house at some point. She actually wasn’t even aware that “tiny homes” were a movement until she began hunting for supplies. Much of the home came from reclaimed materials — things she found at the salvage yard or flea markets and repurposed. Oh, and she only spent 5000 Euros on the build!
She lived in the home for a while in the mountains but eventually found a farmhouse on land in Spain where there are orchards, nut trees, and an olive grove. Now her Little Wooden House is a vacation rental surrounded by nature.
Don’t miss other interesting stories like this, join our Free Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Little Wooden House at Eden Whispers: Reclaimed Materials
All the measurements in the home were made with her own height in mind.
Storage steps lead to her loft bedroom.
There’s a bathroom with a toilet and shower.
She chose a railcar-style roof with windows.
VIDEO: Young woman builds a tiny house for 5,000 Euros
- Elisabeth built her own tiny house using reclaimed materials and spent only 5,000 Euros on the entire build.
- She was unaware of the tiny house movement until she started gathering supplies for her project.
- The house features measurements tailored to her own height and includes a loft bedroom accessed by storage steps.
- It incorporates a bathroom with a toilet and shower.
- Elisabeth eventually moved her tiny house to a farmhouse in Spain with orchards, nut trees, and an olive grove.
- Her Little Wooden House is now used as a vacation rental surrounded by nature.
- The blog post includes images showcasing the reclaimed materials used in the construction.
- Elisabeth can be followed on Instagram and her website.
- There is a video available on YouTube that documents her journey of building the tiny house with a budget of 5,000 Euros.
- The Alternative House YouTube channel offers more content related to alternative housing options.
- Lindsay and Eric’s DIY THOW with a Steam Room!
- Jack’s $22K DIY Tiny House in Colorado
- Daisy: Allyson’s DIY Tiny House Built in Her 60s
Our big thanks to James D. for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Their Clutter-Free Stationary RV Life with Summer Travel - September 29, 2023
- Country Cabin & 70s Camper w/ a Sauna and Tub - September 29, 2023
- Amazing 12-foot-wide Park Model with Ground Floor Bedroom - September 28, 2023