This is a 128-sq.-ft. tiny house built by a hobby carpenter while he lived in Maine. It’s now in New York and the seller’s lifestyle is changing so he’s selling his tiny house.
It has a loft bedroom, and a kitchen and bathroom under it. There’s a little sink, a shower stall, and it’s plumbed for a toilet but the seller used a composting one instead.
You can contact the seller over at Tiny House Marketplace here.
Don’t miss other quality tiny homes like this for sale, join our FREE Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter for more!
Micro THOW For Sale for $50K in NY
Your view looking into the tiny house.
Kitchen under the loft bedroom.
Wainscoting covers the walls.
Light and bright loft bedroom area.
A shelf/ladder takes you up to the loft.
So much light comes in through the living room.
Here’s the shower stall.
And the composting toilet…
- I built this tiny house in Maine in 2016. I grew up doing carpentry and fixing things. I had fun building this and have loved to own it. My life is switching and I no longer need it. The design is simple and clean.
- I spent time and money to make sure it’s well insulated, air sealed, and has high quality doors and windows built on a brand new trailer designed by a manufacturer in Maine.
- Here are some more specs.
Insulation: 4” (R 22)rigid polygon in the floor, 2.5” (R 14) rigid polygon. 4” (R14) cellulose.
- Framing: Floor 2×6, Walls 2×4, Ceiling 2×12, cut to match.
- Electric: 100 amp breaker, 4 circuits, dedicated fridge line, 30 amp RV cord.
- Water: 77 gallon freshwater tank. NSP Certified and BPA Free.
- Gas: I built in a gas port and flange, and never ran a gas line.
- Hot water: 7 gallon Bosch electric hot water heaters. Uses 110V.
- Bathroom: Standup shower with Niagara’s water efficient show, can shift between .5/1/1.5 GPM
- Plumbing for freshwater toilet, though I use a combustible toilet mostly.
- Roof: EPDM 45 mil.
- Heat: I use an electric heater. Works perfect for grid tied.
- Manufactured by On the Road, Warren Maine. Designed for 15,000 pounds and rated for 9,990 so that police will not have an issue with a standard license.
- Lights are working
Trailer has great breaks
Total road milages is 900/miles
Tires are brand new.
- Window/Door Schedule
Door – Anderson Eagle Series Triple latch. Exterior Aluminum Clad
2 casement windows – Anderson 400 Series
1 awning window – Anderson 400 Series
3 – double hunt – 2 are Anderson Eagle – Aluminum Exterior Glad, 1 is 200 series
- Other Items
1) The trailer jack is functional but broken so difficult to use.
2) The exterior light is broken. I could fix it and have not bothered.
2) RV Cord
3) Water hose. Drinking water safe
5) Electric heater
6) Spare Water pump
- Fully-Furnished Modern THOW For Sale in WA
- Kayak Cafe Shepherd’s Hut Vacation in Quebec
- The Limited: 18 Ft Compact THOW by Uncharted Tiny Homes
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
More Like This: Tiny Houses | DIY | Tiny Houses For Sale | THOWs
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Natalie C. McKee
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Cookbook Author & Jewelry Maker’s Bus Conversion - March 26, 2023
- Their Stealthy Ambulance Conversion with Laundry Chute - March 25, 2023
- Their $22K Bus Conversion with a Murphy Bed - March 24, 2023
love it! Great Job! I want one but with a real Toilet. But I can’t afford 50,000.00.
The word that comes to mind is “perfection” not too much not too little just perfect. I would keep the compost toilet. The only thing I might consider changing is the refrigerator. I really like icecream and TV dinners
so I need a large freezer. But not anything else.
Totally understand! I love my freezer.
50K. . .really?
$50,000? I would only pay that much if it came with a nice chunk of land otherwise, imho, it’s highway robbery!
Well, it may be asking a bit much to include land with it at that price but it is otherwise definitely asking more than it should for what it is, normal price range for a commercially built 16′ THOW would be between $32K to $48K for basic to high end… and this is definitely not high end. Add, budget builds can be as little as half of this asking price before really cutting corners to go lower and having to be DIY built…
If it had been built in the last several months, then it would be more reasonable because material prices have skyrocketed but it was built in 2016.
But listing does say OBO (Or Best Offer), which usually means it’s negotiable and the high listing may be just to discourage any low bidders. Though, being in NY may be a factor as depending on area people there can be used to much higher housing costs, similar to other high priced areas of the country like California…
In NYC, especially, owning property can run into the millions and there is the trend of more people wanting to get away from the city life for at least a getaway, which this may appeal to even at the clearly premium asking price…
Very cute and well built. But (cough cough), 50K? Um…no.
But really nice and well designed! Thank you for sharing.
I enjoyed the typo: “combustible toilet.”