This is the story of Nate and his box truck tiny house conversion. Originally, he bought the 1989 Ford E350 for $9,250. The best part is that it only had 33K miles on it. Turns out, it wasn’t really being driven very much, it was being used as a mostly stationary bunkhouse/cabin in Auburn.
So Nate proceeded to gut it so he could start a new build from scratch. Now it’s completely customized and features redwood inside, a lift kit, 4-wheel drive conversion, a DIY composting toilet, and much more. There’s a lot we can learn from Nate below so please enjoy and let us know what you learned from his story and his box truck tiny house conversion in the comments. Thanks.
Don’t miss other tiny home tours and inspiring stories like this – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
He Bought A Used Box Truck And Turned It Into His DIY 4×4 Motorhome
The interior is basic and cozy – like a cabin!
Also, you can access the cockpit easily from inside to go back and forth from living mode to driving mode, which can be handy when you’re moving around frequently.
Video Tour – Nate’s DIY Box Truck Tiny House Conversion
- Nate’s Instagram (@drivinghomedreams)
- His Website: Driving Home Dreams
- Tiny Home Tours YouTube Channel
- Nate’s Custom DIY Box Truck Conversion
Our big thanks to Allison of Tiny Home Tours/YouTube for sharing!🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- 4-Story Off-Grid Tree House on 10 Acres in Sagle, Idaho - September 14, 2020
- Our Podcast Interview with Tim Mastic (He Moved Into A New Tiny House Community in Florida) - August 17, 2020
- 20-ft. Tumbleweed Cypress Tiny House - August 11, 2020