Container homes are an awesome way to reduce-reuse-recycle, and with the cost of lumber these days it’s likely somewhat more economical than the alternative.
These are plans for a container home (estimated $20,000 in materials to build — expect to pay more today as material costs have gone up quite a lot since this was estimated) that includes a downstairs bedroom and epic rooftop deck with a full staircase!
The example home below has dark, modern finishes, but you could — of course — make it look like whatever you want. You can buy the plans here.
Don’t miss other interesting updates and tiny house plans like this, join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Get Plans For A Container Home w/ Rooftop Deck!
Love the transition from wood paneling to drywall.
The lighting they chose is quite different.
Huge doors take you inside.
The living space in this home is mostly outdoors.
Tiled shower in the bathroom.
I like the overhang for the porch.
This version has the stairs on the side.
What do you think?
VIDEO: Modern Dwellings, Inc.
- Demolition and welding plans included.
- Architectural floor plans.
- Roof/deck/stairs plans.
- Interior elevations.
- Structural plans and details.
- Electrical plan and details.
- Mechanical plans and details.
- Includes door and window schedules.
- Container Home
- Square Footage: 192 SF
- Foundation Details: Fixed foundation -or- can be loaded upon a trailer
- Primary Bedroom Location: Downstairs
- Sleeps 1-2 People
- Engineered Design
- Standard flush, composting, or incinerating (our top recommend!) toilet
- Roof Style: Flat/Rooftop terrace
- Estimated Completed Weight: APPROXIMATELY 12,000#
- Exterior Door: Sliding Door Long End Location
- Designed for Tall People
- Murphy Bed
- Solar Ready
- Designed for Cold Climates
- Low VOCs
- Ship Shak River Tiny House In Bryson City: A 20-ft. Shipping Container Cabin!
- $10k Shipping Container Tiny House Project
- Bamboo Hideaway Shipping Container Vacation in Austin
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Ex-Gov’t Rig Insulated w/ Local Alpaca Wool - January 26, 2022
- Bus Life And Painting 10,000 Mural Flowers Across the United States - January 26, 2022
- Rolling with Ophelia: Couple’s Debt-Free Bus Life - January 25, 2022