You may be familiar with Mat and Danielle and their incredible Exploring Alternatives YouTube channel, where they show us an array of inspiring stories, not to mention, their own. So this is how they built out their second van conversion.
They went with a used 2015 Ford Transit van with a high roof and 148″ wheelbase. Once they got it, they started by adding a couple of windows, gathering natural and non-toxic materials for the build, and preparing the van for the conversion. They used things like hemp for insulation and cork for flooring. You’ll get to learn all about it right here in this post! Enjoy…
Don’t miss other amazing stories like this – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
How They Converted Their 2015 Ford Transit High Top Into A DIY Dream Tiny Home
They went with a pre-owned 2015 Ford Transit High Top Van to start the project.
If you’re curious, here is what their first van looked like…
Once you get the van, it’s time to get to work…
Their van was carefully designed and built using non-toxic and natural materials.
Learn more about how they did it in the full video tour below!
VIDEO – Full DIY Van Build From Start to Finish
- 2015 Ford Transit with High Roof
- Mat and Danielle of Exploring Alternatives
- Natural materials used like hemp insulation and cork floors
- Planning, design, and prep work
- Roof vent installation
- Subfloor set up, insulation, and framing
- Wall framing
- Window frames and inset shelving
- Insulating the van
- Building out the walls and ceilings
- Built-in furniture
- Building the bed and dinette
- Overhead storage
- Finishing touches
- Mat and Danielle’s FULL DIY VAN BUILD (Exploring Alternatives) – See LINKS in the description for more information and resources
- Exploring Alternatives YouTube Channel
To learn more about this van build, be sure to click the direct link on YouTube right here and look through the video description where you can find direct links to specific parts of the build as well as links to lots of the products and materials that they used to build it. That link is right here, just be sure to look below the video in the description to get it all. 🙂
Our big thanks to Mat & Danielle of Exploring Alternatives/YouTube!🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- 4-Story Off-Grid Tree House on 10 Acres in Sagle, Idaho - September 14, 2020
- Our Podcast Interview with Tim Mastic (He Moved Into A New Tiny House Community in Florida) - August 17, 2020
- 20-ft. Tumbleweed Cypress Tiny House - August 11, 2020