Jesse started his tiny journey as a van-lifer, before upgrading to his own DIY tiny house on wheels, with clapboarding inside and out created from old fencing that was going to be thrown away!
The use of reclaimed materials allowed him to spend just $20,000 on his home. Jesse (@_moving_castles) even built the house around old windows he had salvaged. The whole thing runs off-the-grid, with a solar setup and rainwater collection system that feeds the home’s plumbing and indoor shower (he chose an outhouse for his toilet, since he didn’t want bathroom germs mixing with his kitchen area).
I particularly love the layout of his THOW, with the staircase at the back of the home, allowing more useable space in the main living areas. Enjoy the video tour with Bryce from Living Big in a Tiny House at the end of the post.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
His Off-Grid THOW on a 400 Acre Farm
Here’s his solar set-up, and outhouse toilet.
Here’s his L-shaped kitchen and living room.
There’s a storage staircase at the back of the home, and behind the door is his shower.
Looks luxurious! Love the tile he chose.
He has a tiny wood-burning stove to keep warm.
Video: Super Affordable Off-Grid Tiny House Built From Fence Palings
- Living Big in a Tiny House (Full Story)
- Follow Living Big in a Tiny House on YouTube
- Follow Jesse on Instagram
- Epic Pirate Ship in the Trees: All Reclaimed!
- Haven on the Hill: English Getaway Handmade with Reclaimed Materials
- Handcrafted Tiny House with Wings: All Reclaimed Materials!
Our big thanks to Jesse for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- His Bright Green Truck Home w/ Shower and Murphy Bed! - July 26, 2021
- Mom and Teen Daughter in Their Expanding THOW - July 26, 2021
- Build Your Own Desiderata Tiny House: 32′ x 8′ Gooseneck - July 25, 2021