I’m excited to share these hanging tents with you because if you like tree houses and camping you’ll probably love this.
Yes, camping in the trees would be awesome, but how?
Check this out… it’s a tree tent called the RooMoon made by the Hanging Tent Company.
It takes tent camping to the next level (literally). Handcrafted and designed by graduate student, Rufus Martin in Dorset, England.
Since he presented this at Byrson School as a final project it has been his full-time business since. So how is this contraption made?
The outside material is a durable canvas that can stand any weather. Flooring is made of a lightweight pine and very portable just like the entire tent itself. Each board attaches together making it easy to roll-up and is used as a carrying case for the frame and accessories.
The frame is made of steel rods that are strong and weather proof. Collapses down into a car-sized package making transporting very easy for camping and festivals.
The designer says, “the tent is capable of lifting over 1 ton with ease. The user need only to run the lightweight pulley chain through their hands to be lifted into the canopies.”
Spherical Tent for Glamping in the Tree Tops
Images © Hanging Tent Company
Why You Might Want a RooMoon Hanging Tent
- It’s weather proof and gives you an amazing view.
- It’s a fun enhancement to traditional camping.
- It’s portable and collapsible for moving convenience.
- It can hold up to 1 ton of weight once properly set up.
- The easy pulley system helps you hoist up in trees.
If you are interested in getting a RooMoon of your own head over to their website, Hanging Tent Company.
The starting price for one of these tree tents is roughly $5,888. That’s out of reach for most, but I still thought it would be fun to at least look at it.
Is this RooMoon something you could take camping? Let us know your thoughts below.
Related Posts You Might Also Like:
If you enjoyed glamping in the tree tops with a RooMoon you’ll love our free daily tiny house newsletter with even more!
Latest posts by Andrea (see all)
- 28′ Cadence Tiny House by Handcrafted Movement - October 15, 2018
- Breast Cancer Survivor and Husband Build Tiny House - October 2, 2018
- 220 Sq. Ft. Tiny Farmhouse For Sale - October 1, 2018