The town council of Amherstburg recently voted to allow tiny homes on foundations with a minimum 323-square-feet (30-square-meters) minimum and within 20 meters distance from the primary dwelling, according to the Windsor Star.
Tiny homes take many different shapes and forms, even when it comes to zoning and real estate. One way to get legal tiny houses back on the map is through RV parks, right? That’s one way. Another way to do it is through ADUs (Accessory Dwelling Units), also known as guest houses, secondary dwellings, accessory structures, and the like.
Don’t miss other stories like this – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Town of Amherstburg Votes to Allow ADU Tiny Homes
The Details: how Amherstburg has legalized some Tiny & Small Homes
Amherstburg will allow secondary dwellings, including tiny houses.
The town’s council voted Monday to allow secondary dwellings in single detached houses, semi-detached houses, row houses and accessory structures, like garages — or tiny houses.
They must be a minimum of 30 square metres or 323 square feet, built on a foundation and be located within 20 metres of the primary dwelling, in the side or back yards.1
What do you think about the fact that more and more towns and even cities like Los Angeles are adapting their laws to allow for more development of tiny and small homes? It’s pretty cool, right?
Where else have you heard of tiny homes being legalized kind of like this? Let us know! We’re at tinyhousetalk AT gmail dot com! Thanks!
More Stories of Towns Legalizing Tiny
- Breakthrough legislation allows CA homeowners to build up to two ADU’s (Tiny Homes) on their property
- LA Passes Ordinance Making Backyard Tiny Homes Legal
- Living Tiny Legally (Documentary): A Look Into How Tiny Homes Are Becoming Legal!
Our big thanks to one of our readers for the tip!🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- He’s Building a Tiny House with 6-ft. Jacuzzi Tub And Spiral Staircase (Still Under Construction) - January 14, 2021
- 2017 Escape Vista Tiny House in Portland, Oregon (For Sale) - January 14, 2021
- The 28-ft. Calliope Tiny House with Skylighted Bathroom by Rewild Homes - January 14, 2021