Seattle is an interesting place to pay attention to for tiny and small homes because of these 5 trends, as showcased via the Seattle Backyard Cottage blog.
They’re all very interesting trends that we will very likely see spread to other areas. And who knows, you could very well be one of the first to inspire it. Let me tell you a little bit about these trends, and how you could possibly see them in other areas of the country and world.
Don’t miss other interesting articles and discussions on all things tiny and small when it comes to homes and real estate – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
1. Newly adopted Seattle code allows for family-friendly DADUs… With an extra 200-sq.-ft. of space, many detached accessory dwelling units (DADUs) are being built for families.
Up until now a majority of cottages were being designed for aging parents or as rentals accommodating an individual or a couple without children. These new larger cottages are also being designed for families with children including a 900 sq. ft. cottage we are designing in Ballard for a family of five. And a 1,000 sq. ft. cottage for a family of four.1
2. The use of condo agreements to be able to sell primary residence and DADU separately. We talked about it here.
The use of condominium agreements to sell the primary residence and the DADU separately is probably the biggest trend of 2019 and will only continue. While creating a DADU adds value to a property as a whole. An even higher value can be obtained by selling the primary residence and the DADU separately.1
Learn more and read full article here.
What do you think? Are there any other areas that you know of where ideas like these can be used to create more tiny and small homes in the area?
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- He Turned A 4×4 Ambulance Into A Custom Off-Road Motorhome - January 19, 2020
- Traveling Nurse Saves Big With Van Life - January 19, 2020
- 1994 Blue Bird School Bus Conversion For 50k - January 19, 2020