We have a new (to us) tiny house builder to introduce today — Cocoon Tiny Homes in New Zealand. The family-owned-and-operated business specializes in steel-frame structures, like their 39′ Serenity model that features a first-floor bedroom with its own sliding doors.
The other end of the THOW has a full U-shaped kitchen bursting with cabinets, as well as a cozy living room space with room for a “real couch” (no benches). A staircase winds to the kids’ loft that has plenty of room for a couple of twin beds, or another queen bed. What do you think?
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Modern New Zealand Home Fit for Family
I love a U-shaped kitchen for storage and functionality.
There’s a full range and deep undermount sink.
No lack of cabinets in this kitchen.
The fridge goes in that open nook.
I’m actually loving the stark contrast of the black trim.
The living room has space for a comfy couch.
The bedroom and bathroom are down the hall.
Such a lovely bedroom with sliding glass doors.
The bathroom is a soothing green color.
There’s a towel rack and yet more storage.
The glass shower stall.
Storage staircase winds upstairs.
Two twin beds for kiddos.
I love all the windows.
View down from the loft.
VIDEO: Serenity Tiny Home Tour
- Price from $250,000 New Zealand Dollars * (*price not including extras) Aprox $150,177 USD
- Features included:
- 11.9m L x 3m W
- 6x lifting jacks
- 100mm thick polystyrene under-floor insulation
- Steel framed
- Fully insulated walls, ceiling and floor
- Double glazed joinery
- 26L Gas califont
- Electrical Warrant of Fitness and Gas Certificate
- Cladding in Colorsteel – profile choices available
- Colorsteel rib roofing exterior
- Gutter and downpipes for rain water collection
- High grade interior 9mm poplar ply linings on walls (painted or sealed natural)
- Downlights, powerpoints, USB chargers and TV socket
- 3 x outdoor lights
- Safe-T-Alert gas detection unit
- 100% waterproof 8mm laminate flooring
- Bedroom 1 – downstairs master with built in wardrobe, sliding doors leading outside and large windows
- Bedroom 2 – upstairs in the very large loft area. Can also be configured as a night lounge, office space and storage
- Large kitchen with trifold window, laminated or stone benchtops, eco-granite sink and Felton tapware, rangehood and pantry
- Central lounge with trifold doors, very high ceilings and built in TV wall
- Bathroom with 900mm corner shower, extractor fan, 750mm white vanity, tapware, heated towel rail and toilet roll holder
- Custom-made stairway with deep drawer storage
- Triple axle split shift trailer – with brakes and structural lattice chassis (warrant for 1 year and 3 year registration)
- Solid wood flooring/carpet
- Fridge/freezer, oven, gas hobs, dish drawer, UV water filter
- Insect screens/blockout blinds
- Changes from standard kitchen
- Toilet options (compost, incinerating, flush)
- Tiled splash back above vanity
- LED or other bathroom mirror
- Extra wardrobes
- Pre-finished architectural birch ply ceiling
- Exterior wooden cladding (subject to availability)
- Air conditioning/DVS
- 45kg gas bottle (arrange connection with Genesis or Elgas)
- Transportation of tiny home
- Site preparation for tiny home
- Tiny House by Koru Cabins in New Zealand
- John & Elsa’s Tiny House Project in New Zealand
- New Zealand Tiny House with a Tall-Boy Loft
Our big thanks to Cocoon Tiny Homes for sharing!
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
More Like This: Tiny Houses | THOWs | Tiny House Builders | No Loft Tiny Homes
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Natalie C. McKee
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Gorgeous 24 Ft. NOAH-Certified Dragon Tiny Home - June 7, 2023
- Life Takes a Twist: Gymnasts Turn Full-Time Travelers in a Skoolie - June 7, 2023
- Amazing Mid-Century Small Home in Village For Sale - June 6, 2023
Great house. I’d be tempted to take a page out of Anna White’s book and put a washer/dryer or freezer in the dead space under the kitchen counters in the corners that is so hard to reach. She just made the unit that sat in front of it moveable. I’d also think about lowering the ceiling over the queen sized bed downstairs so the loft has a stand up area between the twin beds. Kids are only going to get taller. But this is a great house already. I love the placement of those big patio style windows for the view in the living room and for egress as well as view in the bedroom, and pretty much all of the finishing. Too bad it’s only in New Zealand.
Ha ha, too bad it’s only in USA is a popular refrain from New Zealand.
All good things come to those who wait… or something like that.
Wow! That is beautiful! Love the wood with black accents…a lot! LOVE the u-shaped kitchen and wish more manufacturers would get on board with that design! I might suggest that corner cabinets with carousel shelving be used to utilize storage to the max. And it would ride out an earthquake really well…California has them just like New Zealand. Just look at the structure underneath! Impressive! Ah, too bad it is in New Zealand. They won’t let outsiders move there…well, maybe just a few but it is strict…and it would be cost prohibitive to bring one of those here so one can only hope that this post would inspire manufacturers here. I’m not in the market right now but I’m still feeling a bit jealous!!! 😉 Well done! Wishing much enjoyment to the people of New Zealand!
Yeah, it certainly impressive but… it wouldn’t be able to get around a LOT of roads because, going back to the old days, when NZ was being developed, the govt of the day paid for road construction by the pound (we converted to dollars in 1967) and no rules or requirements on straight roads AT ALL. And now we pay for it in petrol (gas) costs, road crashed etc.