We are selling our converted school bus after our road trip around USA and Canada has come to an end. And now it is time for us to move towards new adventure and this is why we are selling. We have put all our love and energy building this bus. That’s why we wish to see it go to a family that will take care of it and will take it to new adventures.
The bus has been designed to live autonomously, off-the-grid, and boondocking for more than 2 weeks in the wild. We built a state of the art tiny house on wheels. Also we designed it to be modular so you can host friends and family wherever you are and whenever they want to join your adventures. You can check out the work that we accomplished on our instagram beautifulmorning-dot-life.
Don’t miss other super amazing tiny houses like this – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
36-foot School Bus Conversion Designed For Off-Gridding
After touring the US and Canada, they’re putting their converted school bus up for sale… ($69,000 OBO) – Currently located in Seattle. Update: SOLD!
Now it’s time for them to start a NEW adventure…
They built the bus themselves and it’s designed to be able to live off-the-grid for about two weeks ‘in the wild’…
It’s got lots of storage, it’s 36-feet long, and is built on a 1988 International Thomas Built Bus
It used to serve as a school bus in California school districts…
But now it’s a rolling tiny home!
It’s been completely customized into a cozy rolling tiny house.
It can cleverly sleep guests or children…
It has its own private bathroom too.
And here is the cozy master bedroom.
And finally, the outside of the bus… What do you think?
The bus is already registered as an RV. The registration is good until January 2020. Insurance costs are the same than any other RV.
– International Thomas Built from 1988 (around 10-11 MPG)
– Navistar DT 466 engine rebuilt 17,000 miles ago (changed pistons, chambers and heads)
– Allison MT 643 transmission with less than 25,000 miles on it
– 36 feet long, 10’ 6” high
– Dog nose
– VIN: 1HVLPZ5N1KH632375
The bus has served all of its previous life in California school districts. It has no rust at all. And every mechanic who had a look at it said that it was in an amazingly good shape.
Exterior body add-ons:
– Underbody storage boxes behind the rear axle: one 48” long and one 30” long
– Class IV tow hitch welded on the frame: can tow cars up to (10,000 pounds) and carry a heavy motorcycle
– Motorcycle rack with ramp suitable for 500 pounds motorcycle (carried a KTM 950 for 15,000 miles)
– 30 gallons propane tank attached on the frame: needs filling up every 2 months when full time use ($40 and 5 minutes only needed at any AmeriGas for a refill)
– 2x 100 gallons water tanks: one clear and one grey (15 minutes needed for a refill depending on the flow of water) with analog level display inside the bus
– 2x 14” Heng’s vents: one in the bedroom and one over the couch
– Shore power 30 Amp outlet
Maintenance done recently:
– 2x brand new batteries
– 2x new front tires changed 10,000 miles ago
– 2x new tires on the right side of the rear axle changed 15,000 miles ago
– Oil changed and greased every 4,000 miles
– Air dryer service just done this month
As it was our home for 2 years, we have taken extra care of our bus and did all the necessary maintenance. The bus is ready to use, you don’t have to worry about anything for the next future. Just drive where you want to stay and relax 😉
– Sleeps 4 persons: with a queen size bed in the bedroom and a convertible sofa in the front of the bus (the couch converts into a bed within 2 minutes)
– Modular bar/table that can eat 2 or 6 persons depending on the setup
– Full setup kitchen with 3 burners, a small oven good for pizzas and cakes
– Shower with seating, and shower sink
– Exterior shower for afternoons when you come back from the beach
– Bathroom with composting toilets and diverter: no smell, easy to dispose.
– A shoe rack at the entrance
– Marine Clarion bluetooth stereo and speakers
– 2x boxes/seats with storage inside
– 100 Cu. Ft. of storage in the trunk
– Hidden storage for security
Inside you have everything you need for a comfy living. This is a real home. The bus includes a lot of storage everywhere: under the couch, under the seats, inside the armrests.
– A low-energy EdgeStar washer and dryer (2.0 Cu. Ft.)
– A 2-way propane and 110V Dometic fridge (3 Cu. Ft.)
– A Kitchenaid mixer, a Cuisinart juice extractor, a Cuisinart Rice Cooker, a toaster
– Excel propane tankless ventless water heater
– Propane Suburban 15,000 BTU furnace with thermostat ( takes 5 minutes to warm up the bus in cold weather)
– 500 Ah Vmax AGM battery bank (4 x 12V/125Ah ; 6,000 Wh)
– 1,120 Watts Renogy solar panels (24V, Monochrystalline)
– Midnite 150SL Charge Controller with digital display on the dashboard
– AIMS 3,000 Watts inverter with digital display on the dashboard
We designed the solar setup so we would be able to stay boondocking off-the-grid without having to worry about electricity. The solar panels and batteries provides electricity: 12V for all the lights inside the bus and outside on the side for late nights ; and 110V for the Washer and all the other appliances. You can easily stay 4 days under the rain without having to worry about electricity.
The bus comes with everything inside including:
– Shade screens for night setup
– Good quality queen size mattress
– 4 cushions and one carpet
– One Brother sewer
– Small Weber Barcebue and utensils
– Camping equipments: two Coleman coolers, one tent, camping mattress, sleeping bags
– One Black and Decker angle grinder
Price: $69,000 USD
Our big thanks to Angelique Zettor for sharing!🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- Tiny House in the Mountains, Orchards (Romania) - April 17, 2021
- 230-sq.-ft. Craftsman Tiny House (For Sale) With Skylight, Copper Gutters, And Large Windows - April 16, 2021
- Jenna’s Dreamy Tiny House in the Woods - April 16, 2021