If you’re looking into the idea of tiny houses but are wondering why when you can just get an RV, travel trailer, or motorhome for less…
Well, you’re at the right place because in this post I’ll help you understand the benefits of tiny houses, motorhomes, RVs, and travel trailers. But I’m also going to share the downfalls for each side.
In this post, it’s all about you, because I want to help you figure out what’s best according to YOUR needs. So pay attention real quick and watch the video below where Jason Dietz of Molecule Tiny Homes gives you some helpful insight on tiny houses.
RVs versus Tiny Houses on Trailers
Enjoy the video with Jason and my “Pros/Cons list” on.. Tiny Houses VS. Manufactured RVs below:
Video: Jason Dietz of Molecule Tiny Homes Introduces You To Tiny Houses
My Pros/Cons on Tiny Homes versus RVs
Main Pros/Cons of Living in a Tiny House
- Stick-built “homey” feeling and look.
- Feels a lot better than living in a travel trailer or other kind of RV.
- You can still pretty easily (in most cases) move it to another location when you want to move.
- You can build it exactly how you want it.
- If you’re into living healthy you can design/build it free of toxic materials.
- Weights a lot more than most RVs so it’s not really fun (or cheap) to tow.
- They’re also not very aerodynamic so not the best for you if you want to travel a lot with it.
- They’re pretty challenging to find a place to park and live in (but it’s possible).
- Tiny homes attract a lot of attention on the road.
Main Pros/Cons of RV Living
- Aerodynamic and lightweight compared to tiny houses.
- Easier to get around in so great if you want to travel.
- Blends in with other travelers so doesn’t attract too much attention compared to a stick built house on wheels.
- Doesn’t look and feel like “home” as much.
- Not as great for full time living (needs more insulation, etc.)
- Materials inside many times contain toxic materials and off gassing.
Discussion: Tiny House or an RV, Which Is Best For You And Why?
If you have something to add please do so in the comments below. And a question for you… What do you think is BETTER for YOU? A tiny house on a trailer, an RV, or something else? I’m curious so please let us know in the comments!
And if you enjoyed this discussion on the difference between RVs and Tiny Houses on Trailers you’ll LOVE our free daily tiny house newsletter with even more!
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- 466 Sq. Ft. Oregon Cabin - August 16, 2017
- Payette Urban 28 Tiny House on Wheels by Tru Form Tiny - August 15, 2017
- Tiny House on a Tiny Farm in Victoria, BC (Vacation Rental) - August 15, 2017