This is Brook, Ryan, and Soleil’s 40×28 shipping container home in Asheville, NC.
They’re a young family who, over the past year, bought and prepared their land, collected recycled materials, and built their first home using two shipping containers and a shed-style roof! It’s a 1,140 square foot house that was built for about $110,000 USD including land, mostly their own labor, and the help of friends.
When you go inside, you’ll find a dining room, three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a full kitchen, living area, and plenty of storage space. Please enjoy, learn more, and re-share below. Thank you!
Young Family Builds 40×28 Shipping Container Home
Video: Family’s 40×28 Shipping Container Home
Video: Construction Timelapse
Learn more: https://shippinghome.wordpress.com
- Upcoming Documentary on their story
- Keli Keach Photography (More Photos)
- 40×28 on Facebook
Our big thanks to Amber for sharing!
You can share this shipping container home with your friends and family for free using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks.
If you enjoyed this family’s shipping container house story you’ll absolutely LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more! Thank you!
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- DoubleBack VW Transporter Campervan That Extends 6.5ft! - September 21, 2018
- 25ft Tiny House on Wheels with Screened-in Porch For Sale - September 21, 2018
- 520 Sq. Ft. Tiny Cottage with Land in Shelton, Washington For Sale - September 21, 2018