Originally Kristie Wolfe built her own 97 sq. ft. tiny house on wheels in Idaho for only $5k. It was an experiment to live tiny for a year. Only she decided to continue living tiny. So after a few years went by she decided to buy a plot of land in Hawaii, sight unseen, for $8k. This is where she would build her second tiny home. Eventually she built the 230 sq. ft. treehouse cabin of her dreams (and you’re about to see it below) for $11k with the help of her mom.
The cabin is 15′ x 15′, it’s up on stilts, and is completely off the grid. She even relies on rain to collect her water. And you should see how her toilet works to save water! She also uses rooftop solar panels for power and uses propane to heat her water. I encourage you to learn more by enjoying the guided video tour of the treehouse cabin below with Kristie Wolfe.
Woman’s 230 Sq. Ft. Off Grid Cabin in Hawaii
- Kristie Wolfe’s website
- Rent a night in Kristie’s off grid cabin in Hawaii
- Original story at Faircompanies
- Filmed by Travel Movements
You can help us spread the word on this cabin by “Liking” on Facebook using the button below and re-sharing this story using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Every share helps, including yours. And we’d love to read your best thoughts in the comments below. Thank you so much.
If you enjoyed Kristie’s off-grid treehouse cabin in Hawaii you’ll absolutely LOVE joining our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more! Thank you!
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- 25-Foot Boho XL Tiny House with Private Main Floor Bedroom - January 19, 2019
- Tiny Cabin with Classic Wood Stove on 6.48 Forested Acres for $59,900 - January 18, 2019
- 20-Foot Tiny House You Can Order on Amazon with Main Floor Bedroom - January 16, 2019