Lisa over at the Bumble Shack sent me some exciting news today I wanted to share with you. And heck, you might even be able to help. Either way it’s fun and interesting because they’ve recently bought a tiny house on wheels from Joe Everson at Tiny Happy Homes and they’re moving in really soon.
Right now they’re living in a normal house in Florida but they’ve already had their tiny home for a while. Her husband, Jon, has already found the perfect job and he’s to be in Asheville in only six weeks. So this tiny house family is in need of a space to park and live in their beautiful little home.
Tiny House Family Needs Land Near Asheville
Images © The Bumble Shack
Images © The Bumble Shack
“That means all of this stuff in our big house has to go NOW! We have 6 weeks to get it done. SIX WEEKS, holy cow. And, even more important than immediately downsizing, we need to find a place to park the tiny house for about 6 months while we get more familiar with the area and find land to buy. We’d like to move onto our land in the warmer weather of the Spring.
So if you have some land, or maybe an organic farm, or a large backyard within an hour or less of Asheville, NC and would like to rent a small portion of it out for some extra income for approximately six months (end of October through April), please contact us!
We are a super nice, quiet, private, environmentally friendly family of four – hubby, our two daughters (12 1/2 and 2 1/2 years old), our calm, sweet, older Golden Retriever/Newfoundland mix and me. We also have two indoor cats, but you will never see them! Hubby is a software engineer who works Monday through Friday, and I am an artist, wildlife biologist, amateur organic gardener and work from home Mom. Our mornings will be spent homeschooling, and our afternoons will be spent driving into town for dance lessons, delivering to art galleries and such. We will rarely, if ever, have guests over. You can find more information about us on this page.
The Bumbleshack is an 8×20 tiny house on wheels. It is finished with dark stained cedar siding, has a red metal roof, lots of windows, and frankly, is downright adorable. It would make a great addition to any farm, yard or neighborhood. We plan to hide the trailer portion with latticework and potted plants. There is a more detailed description of the house on this page, and you can find more photos of it in our Photo Gallery. The interior decor is not quite finished yet. We just bought it from Tennessee Tiny Homes, an RVIA certified builder, a couple of months ago.
What we need:
- Level spot to park, minimum size of 10 x 24 feet
- Outdoor water hose hookup for fresh water – we have our own hose
- Standard 110 volt extension cord hookup to power the tiny house (from the main house or existing utilities) – we have our own extension cord
- A place nearby to dump greywater – we use all natural and organic soaps and shampoos, so it could be used to water landscaping
- WiFi internet – we can acquire our own internet if needed
- We have a composting toilet, so no sewage is necessary, and we do not need cable or satellite.
What we can offer:
- Monthly rent – we are open to suggestions on the amount
- Payment for electric, water and internet usage, which could be included in the rent if preferred
- If you have an organic farm, I would love to volunteer to help out in exchange for knowledge, experience and possibly a share of veggies! About 10 hours a week would be perfect.
Have something that might work for us? Contact us! And please share our page with others!
Lisa & Jon
If you liked this update you’ll love our free daily tiny house newsletter with more! Thanks!
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- Tiny House Plans: 24-ft. Aspen THOW by SimBLISSity - July 20, 2021
- Couple With A Baby In A Tiny House With Floating Wardrobe - July 19, 2021
- Van Build With 4-Seats And Two Beds! - July 13, 2021