TINY: A Story About Living Small is a (short) documentary about one man’s attempt at building a tiny house from scratch in the mountains of Colorado, with no prior building experience.
The film also follow the lives of other families around America who have downsized their lives into less than 400 square feet, and asks the question, “What really makes a house feel like a home?”
According to Christopher and Merete, the filmmakers behind the project, the actual shooting of the film is almost complete. Right now they are raising money for post-production of the film (things like recording the original score, editing, and sending the film to a finishing house) on Kickstarter.com.
Tour of Their Tiny House
Photos Courtesy of Merete Meuller
Here’s a shot of Christopher finishing up with the rafters for the roof.
Here’s a shot of Merete and Christopher inside the house after they applied the house wrap.
Lastly there’s a shot of the house after the roof was completed.
How You Can Support TINY: The Movie
Click on the link below to check out the Kickstarter.com campaign for the film. If you decide to back the project, you can choose from a list of value-packed Thank You rewards, like:
- Invitation to the online premier of the film
- Access to behind the scenes footage
- DVD of the final product
- Weekend in the tiny house
Or, leave Merete and Christopher a comment telling them what makes your house – whatever the size – feel like a home. They’ll be posting their favorite answers on their blog and on Facebook Page throughout the next month.
Visit their Kickstarter campaign page to get started!
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- He’s Building a Tiny House with 6-ft. Jacuzzi Tub And Spiral Staircase (Still Under Construction) - January 14, 2021
- 2017 Escape Vista Tiny House in Portland, Oregon (For Sale) - January 14, 2021
- The 28-ft. Calliope Tiny House with Skylighted Bathroom by Rewild Homes - January 14, 2021