This is the Shanty Hohnstead cabin in Bonner, Montana.
It’s an off-grid tiny cabin getaway in Montana. Check it out and learn more below.
Don’t miss other interesting cabins like this, join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
The Shanty Off-Grid Tiny Cabin at the Hohnstead in Bonner, Montana
This off-grid cabin is super simplified.
There’s an upstairs sleeping loft accessible by ladder/stairs.
The kitchen consists of a cooler, camping stove, and a kettle with utensils, etc.
The storage ladder to get up to the loft.
Extra sleeping option downstairs.
Can you see yourself here?
Hammocks and other amenities nearby.
The solar panel can keep your USB devices charged.
- The shanty was built in 2011
- Built with hand-cut and milled 2×6 boards
- Lots of insulation to keep cool in the summer and warm in the spring and fall
- Sleeps 3
- Simple kitchen with a camping stove, cooler, kettle, plates, bowls, utensils, coffee, and tea
- Sleeping loft for two; requires climbing stairs/ladder
- Common area with refrigerator, oven, stove, wifi, AC, and power about a minute away
- Outdoor deck with lounge chairs
- Powered by a solar panel; can charge your USB devices
- Two nearby hammocks
- Bathrooms/shower 1 minute away
- Hot tub; 1 minute away
- Bookable on Airbnb or via the Hohnstead website
- Jack Hanna’s 700 Sq. Ft. Cabin in Montana
- Off-Grid Earthship Cabin in Montana, Self-Sufficient Home!
- Montana Tiny House Vacation
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
More Like This: Tiny Houses | Airbnbs | Vacations | Tiny House Vacations | Off-Grid | Tiny Cabins
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- Flamenco Tiny House by Baluchon - February 4, 2023
- 2008 Ford E-450 4×4 Timberline Box Van Conversion - February 3, 2023
- Custom Tumbleweed Tiny House with a Bidet - February 3, 2023
It’s too early on a Saturday morning to mess with an old lady! Where did the chairs go and where did the bed come from? 🤪
Those chairs can fold up, but it looks like they traded up with the loft, probably suggesting it for people who can’t deal with the loft… Though, it looks like you’d be giving up the netting that’s mounted at the peak of the roof in the loft to cover the bed from bugs at night, to do so…
Looks like those two photos are taken at different times in the history of this hut. The bookshelf and the barstools are different too. And there is a clock on the wall in one of the pictures. I would guess that they got tired of crawling up into the loft to sleep.
Marcia, The Shanty offers an additional mattress to be placed downstairs (while the chairs fold away) for extra guests. The images don’t show that the tri-fold queen sized mattress folds up nicely into a short ottoman-like seater which can act as its own chair against the wall.
This is really pretty! Cozy, cute, and comfortable.
Thank you for yet another feature! We appreciate it! We can’t wait to share our 4th unit – The Ranch Hand – which will be erected in July of 2022. Stay tuned Tiny House Talk tribe!
Looking forward to it! Thank you so much for sharing with us!