When it comes to tiny housing we face several challenges.
Do we park them in backyards and live in them there?
Do we develop our own tiny house communities and villages?
Do we rent currently available RV or trailer lots to live in?
Do we buy our own land where tiny living is allowed?
I believe the answers lie in doing a little bit of each.
The question is: how would you want to do it?
Share with us in the comments below.
Students Launch Tiny House Community in Parking Garage
Community Micro Farm
Some folks want to live tiny and live in the city (but not in an apartment).
So how do we create more housing in an already crowded city?
Inside you can find micro homes, urban farming, a community 3D printer, and more…
A Tiny House That Fits in a Parking Spot
130 Sq. Ft. Micro House at the Eco Village
“SCADpad embraces and advances the university’s deeply rooted commitment to adaptive reuse by utilizing a parking structure at SCAD Atlanta to create an inspirational and sustainable community that proposes an answer to the growing urban housing challenges cities are facing around the world.” (source)
Video Tour: SCADPad Micro House Community
Video Tour: The Idea (Episode 1)
Video Tour: The Research (Episode 2)
Video Tour: The Design (Episode 3)
How to Tour this Parking Garage Tiny Housing Community in Person
If you’re reading this in time you might have a chance to go and personally visit this exciting tiny house community concept.
The event is free and open to the public and the community (parking garage) is located at:
1600 Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA, 30309
Upcoming event dates and times:
- Saturday, April 12 from 12-3 p.m.
- Sunday, April 13 from 1-3 p.m.
- Saturday, April 26 from 12-3 p.m.
- Sunday, April 27 from 1-3 p.m.
- Sunday, May 4 from 1-3 p.m.
- Saturday, May 24 from 12-3 p.m.
- Sunday, May 25 from 1-3 p.m.
- Saturday, May 31 from 12-3 p.m.
- Sunday, June 1 from 1-3 p.m.
Learn more at: http://www.scadpad.com/tour-pads
If you enjoyed this micro housing eco village you’ll love our free daily tiny house newsletter with more!
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- Roger’s Cottage, 675-sq.-ft. Retreat in Downtown Raleigh - October 15, 2020
- Liz and Ron’s Married Life In A Van - October 14, 2020
- Expedition Evans: From Van Life to Salvaging a Sailboat - October 14, 2020