Meet MyKabin — a DADU/ADU-building company that serves the greater Seattle area by creating backyard homes AND doing all the legwork of permitting and sitework! Everything will be done to code, and there are no hidden costs. Hopefully entrepreneurs could learn from this model and provide a similar service all over the United States!
MyKabin has a number of models, from their smallest Kabin to a two-bedroom, two-story Kabin. The one pictured below is their 340 sq. ft. model, called the “Cascade.” It features a studio-style layout, complete with a full kitchen and a bathroom.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Backyard ADU for Seattle-Area Residents! MyKabin
Here is the interior of a finished Cascade Traditional model.
This is the layout.
This sketch includes the sizing.
Here’s another way to finish the exterior.
- A spacious backyard studio with a full kitchen, bath, and 40 sq. ft. covered front porch.
- Full kitchen with a GE appliance package and multiple upgrade options
- Common room with vaulted ceiling to maximize space, plus a partially vaulted loft above bathroom/laundry
- Adjustable interior layouts
- Customizable window sizes and locations
- Constructed to Built Green’s 4-star standards
- Cost: $144,500 (+tax)
- SERVICES INCLUDED:
- Site survey
- Soils reports (if needed)
- All utility connections (typically, including a new dedicated electrical meter)
- Site preparation and restoration (additional landscaping extra)
- Foundation, construction and site supervision
- Final finishes, including all paint and trim
(interior and exterior)
- Basic appliance package, including install and hook-up
- Final clean, debris haul-away and disposal following all
- Built Green 4-star standards
Each model includes some options for customization of finishes. This one starts at $144K (and that includes all the permits and installation). You can learn more here.
- The Kasita: An Ultra High-Tech Modular Tiny House
- Hivehaus Beehive-Inspired Tiny Modular Home
- The Almont 2.0: No-Loft THOW by Homestead Tiny House Co.
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Mountain Time Chalet: Remodeled 1970s Cabin in Big Bear, CA - June 21, 2021
- SimBLISSity’s 26’ Tahosa for Sale: $89K - June 21, 2021
- One Tiny House, Three Designs, The Tagish - June 20, 2021