Long before #vanlife or tiny living were Instagram-worthy pursuits, Mike was in Africa living out of an overlander. He has converted 3 separate rigs of his own since then, using them to travel all over — and he loves waking up in his own bed with his own things no matter where he goes.
This rig was a military vehicle with only 5,000 miles on it when he purchased it. He spent $18,000 on the vehicle, and another $75k or so converting into the ultimate overlander. You’d never guess from the bright orange exterior that the inside has a cozy farmhouse vibe! Enjoy the tour below.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
He’s Been Driving the Globe in Overlanders for Years!
Look at this adorable farmhouse kitchen!
He has a luxurious residential-sized shower.
VIDEO: Army truck to tiny home overlander
- On a 5 year, 220,000 mile trip overland around the world
- Military vehicle with 5,000 miles on it
- Bought it for $18k, put $75K+ into it
- Amazing exterior storage
- Homey interior
- Oven, full kitchen
- Flip-up table
- Residential-sized shower
- Large queen-sized bedroom
- She Went From Van Life To This Truck Camper
- Bantha: Full-Time Overlanding in a 6×6 Military Vehicle
- Her Awesome Truck Camper w/ Shower & Toilet
Our big thanks to Jenna for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Archways, Tuck-Away Toilet & Cedar Shower Van Conversion - February 4, 2023
- Full-Time Travel in Her 1983 Sun Lite Truck Camper - February 3, 2023
- Friland Tiny House on Northern Italian Cliff - February 3, 2023