This is an incredible double decker bus cottage. It’s a 1962 Bristol Lodekka Double Decker Bus turned into a one-of-a-kind rolling tiny home.
And amazingly enough, it’s available for sale out of Greensboro, North Carolina with an asking price of $169,000. According to the listing, it has been professionally converted into an RV-certified travel trailer!
Don’t miss other super-awesome and unique tiny homes like this for sale, join our FREE Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter for more!
1962 Bristol Lodekka Double Decker Bus Tiny Home
The double decker bus has been completely renovated.
Yet much of the original character still remains.
Now it’s a fully functional tiny house!
Not to mention, it’s completely one-of-a-kind.
This could make for quite the awesome Airbnb, for anyone out there who is looking for a super-unique tiny home experience to offer their guests.
The upstairs coffee and reading nook with a view. I love this spot!
I once got to go inside of a double decker bus coffee shop in Asheville that this reminds me of. 🙂
Since the engine was removed, this double decker is now considered a 2021 travel trailer.
This is pretty cool news for anyone who might want to buy it because it means you can finance and insure it now. 🙂
- Professionally converted double decker bus
- It was built within the existing chassis and shell of a 1962 Bristol Lodekka
- Imported from England
- Titled in 2021 as a travel trailer
- All new wiring, plumbing, HVAC, flooring, paint, appliances, cabinetry, and more was installed while maintaining most of the look and feel of the original vehicle
- The engine has been completely removed, hence why it is now considered a travel trailer
- The bus does not run and depends on hookups for usability
- 30′ long with approximate 20k lb weight
- 2021 Travel Trailer title makes it eligible for RV financing and insurance
- Vinyl zero VOC flooring throughout
- Mini split HVAC downstairs, rooftop RV vent fan upstairs
- Kitchen with SMEG retro refrigerator, quartz counters, dual burner cooktop, and convection/microwave combo
- Lower level dining booth and sofas
- Salvaged “RCA” bath door
- Subway/penny tile shower, bath vanity, and Saniflo (flushing) toilet
- Upper coffee bar + sofa “perch”
- Built-in king size platform bed (includes new IKEA hybrid mattress + hypoallergenic cover)
- Vintage Hifi Stereo
- Mid Century Modern chair/ottoman
- Upper level wired for RV rooftop AC and ceiling mount projector
- Asking price $169,000
- Located in Greensboro, North Carolina
So what do you think of this double decker bus turned travel trailer cottage? Is this something you can see yourself in and use as a home or is it just another Airbnb tiny home to add to the wishlist?
Related stories (more double deckers!)
- The Olive Bus, A Double Decker Bus Cottage in England
- Couple Build Debt-free Double Decker Bus Home
- The Big Green Bus: A Double-Decker Cabin in Sussex
- Double-Decker London Bus Turned Summer Home in Italy!
- Double-Decker Bus Converted Into 3 Bedroom Cabin
- 1980 Bristol Double Decker Bus
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- Escape eOne Tiny House w/ Large Kitchen Option - November 23, 2022
- The Silo House at Laughing Lama Farm in Troy, Texas - November 15, 2022
- Shipping Container Tiny House with Mountain Views in Asheville - November 15, 2022