Now, this is a fun family project! Roberto and Silvia, along with their daughters Martina and Mayla, transformed a beat-up double-decker London bus (for sale in Italy) into their gorgeous summer home complete with a large porch for eating and relaxing.
The bus is just over 26 feet long and is about 15.5 feet tall. The bottom floor houses their kitchen and living room, while upstairs there’s a full bathroom and two bedrooms: One with bunks for the girls, and another with a queen bed for the couple. All-in-all they spent about $20,000 USD ($18,000 EUR) on the renovation. It’s such a great example of reusing, and creates a super unique home!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Family of Four Summers in this Double Decker London Bus Transformation!
They really brought the red inside with the futon couch.
The red tile counter tops are a great touch too!
There’s an oven, sink and TV.
Here are the stairs up to the second floor.
A hallway takes you to the bedrooms.
Here’s the girls’ bedroom with bunks.
And the primary room in the back.
The bathroom is the first room you enter upstairs.
Tons of seating on the porch.
Here are some “before & after” photos to enjoy.
Wow! What an improvement.
Could you see yourself relaxing here?
It looks pretty cool at night too!
The family with their bus.
VIDEO: Virtual Tour of London Bus Double Decker Transformation
- London Double Decker Bus
- Transformed into summer home in Italy!
- Large porch addition
- Spent around $20k (USD) on project
- Two bedrooms (one with bunks, one primary)
- Full bathroom
- Spacious kitchen
- Comfortable living area
- Family of four
Like This? Check Out These Other Double-Deckers…
- Top 5 Double Decker Bus to Motorhome Conversions
- Couple Build Debt-free Double Decker Bus Home
- Double-Decker Bus Converted Into 3 Bedroom Cabin
- Incredible Double-Decker Bus Conversion
- 1980 Bristol Double Decker Bus
Our big thanks to Roberto for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Cessna Aircraft and Treehouse Vacation in France - April 18, 2021
- “Rebellious” Patricia & Jean-François Choose Tiny Living in France - April 17, 2021
- Isabelle’s Baluchon-Built Tiny House: The Nottingham - April 16, 2021