The Fitz Roy THOW by Fox Cabins NZ is roughly divided into thirds — one third for the kitchen and bathroom, one for the living space, and a final one for a downstairs bedroom.
I think this design would be perfect for an in-law suite with its one floor concept and simple design. Add some shelving for storage, and you have a happy home!
You can get in touch with the builder (they only build in New Zealand) here.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Perfect Granny Pad Layout: The Fitz Roy
The kitchen and bathroom take up one end of the home.
There’s a shower stall, vanity and toilet.
And an amazing towel warmer.
The bedroom takes up the final third of the THOW
- Corner kitchen made in house
- Built in Rangehood
- Kwila Benchtops
- Three sets of cupboards
- One set of drawers
- Wall shelves
- Stainless steel sink, mixer tap, two power outlets.
- 900 x 760 shower
- Flushing toilet (other toilet options available) 460 x 220 to ground vanity, mirror, power outlet, powered vent to outside.
- Floor – R1.4
- Walls – R2.4
- Ceilings – R3.9
- For the steel framing thermal break, we go to ‘best practice’ above code and sheet the entire Tiny House with 10mm Expol polystyrene rather than the cheaper method of battens.
- All insulation is above NZ Building Code and the new Residential Tenancies Act standards, including the South Island and Alpine zone.
- 6x double outlets (three have USB plugs)
- LED recessed and pendent interior downlights
- Exterior light with motion sensor
- RCD protected and ‘caravan connection’
- Comes with individual Certificate of Compliance and Electrical Warrant of Fitness (EWOF).
- Full 90mm galvanised steel framing which will not warp, hold moisture or rot
- $79,959 inc GST
- Size – 18m2, 8m x 2.5m, footprint (193 sq. feet; 26.24 ft. by 8.2 ft)
- Roof height 2.4m internal to apex, 3.6m external to apex.
- List of New Zealand Tiny House Builders
- They Built An Incredible Floating Cottage in New Zealand
- Romantic Stone Cottage Getaway in New Zealand (with Sauna!)
Our big thanks to Fox Cabins NZ for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Murphy Bed & Amazing Storage in Freelancer’s Awesome Van - May 24, 2022
- Her DIY Reclaimed Materials Tiny Home in Oregon - May 24, 2022
- Couple’s Bus Conversion Built To Fit A Growing Family - May 23, 2022