Chasing the “American Dream” required this family of four to spend some $1,200 a month for only 500 square feet — so they ditched the apartment life and renovated a bus instead! While they had to downsize to 250 square feet, they’re now in a much better position and will start travelling again once it’s safe to do so.
Inside their 38 foot home, they have an awesome l-shaped couch and mudroom area when you first walk in, followed by a huge kitchen with an extra extendable countertop and a nearly-full-sized fridge. At the back of the bus is their toilet, the kid’s bunks, and their Master bedroom.
Hannah teaches English online, while Luke runs a business creating handmade leather goods. Tiny Home Tours did a wonderful video tour and interview with the family, which you can check out below! Follow them on Instagram here.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Family Ditches $1200/month Rent in DIY Skoolie
This kitchen has tons of counter space, which is a must for me!
Everything has a place in this bus!
The happy couple in their cozy home.
VIDEO: Family of 4 & Their 250SqFt School Bus Conversion
- L-shaped kitchen with extra pop-up countertop
- Lots of second-hand and recycled materials
- Large fridge
- Bunks for kids
- Full-sized bed for mom & dad
- Extra trailer for storage and work-from-home
- From 2,200 Sq. Ft. to 30 Ft. Beverly the Bus!
- They Turned An Old School Bus Into A Dreamy 250-sq.-ft. Motorhome
- Big Sky Bus on 8 Acre Homestead!
Our big thanks to Allison for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- This Itty Bitty Camper Van Belongs to the Cutest Couple - May 24, 2022
- Murphy Bed & Amazing Storage in Freelancer’s Awesome Van - May 24, 2022
- Her DIY Reclaimed Materials Tiny Home in Oregon - May 24, 2022