Shorty Robbins built a civil war themed Tiny House to use during reenactments and loved it so much, she sold her big house and moved in!1
Can you imagine living in a tiny house with your own favorite theme? You could! What would be your tiny home’s theme?
Her Civil War Theme Tiny House with a Piano Murphy Bed!
It’s not everyday that you get to see a tiny house with a civil war theme!
Well, that’s exactly what Shorty Robbins built. And her tiny house has a custom-built piano that turned into a bed.
Her LCD television is stored under a painting when not in use, to keep the theme alive as much as possible.
Especially when she’s on the road showing off the tiny house and letting other people tour it.
How do you imagine your tiny house?
If you could build a tiny house with any sort of theme of your own, what would it be?
Video Tour: She Sleeps In A Piano?!
- Was originally built for civil war reenactments but she loved it so much she decided to move in
- Solar powered tiny house
- Wood burning stove
- Built with SIPs (Structurally Insulated Panels)
- Piano fold down bed which was common during the civil war
- Upstairs sleeping loft for kids
- Drop leaf table
- LCD TV hidden behind a photo frame
- Tiny kitchen with a 1903 ice box, hot plate, convection oven, coffee maker, and a sink
- When reenacting she hides a lot of the modern amenities
- Tiny RV wet bath with shower and toilet plus a pull out bathroom storage pantry
- Staircase to the loft rebuilt from her grandparent’s dressers
- One part of the dresser was turned on its side and turned into a closet
Our big thanks to Jenna of Tiny House Giant Journey for sharing!🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
More Like This: Explore our Tiny Homes Section
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses