≡ Menu

Discussion

Unique Tiny House with Floating Loft Desk The Millennial by Build Tiny NZ 001

Tiny House on Wheels with a Floating Office/Study Loft

This is a tiny house on wheels with a floating loft desk! It’s a unique design that you have probably never seen before. The tiny home features two lofts: one for sleeping and the other for use as a floating office/study. The idea is definitely not practical for everyone, but I could see it being [...]

{ 4 comments }
Why I Hate My Tiny House

Why She HATES Her Tiny House….

In this article you’ll learn about how and why you might hate living in a tiny house. In the tiny house world, we constantly glamorize the lifestyle because it has its benefits (costs less, quick to clean/maintain, better for the environment, etc.), so I think it’s best to offer a reality check, and I’m glad Jenna, [...]

{ 58 comments }
The Lodge Tiny House by Modern Tiny Living 0031

Do Tiny Homes Appreciate or Depreciate in Value Over Time?

If you’re wondering if tiny homes appreciate or depreciate in value over time, we’re here to tackle that question for you! Roy Asks, “Do Tiny Houses Appreciate or Depreciate in Value?” Could you do an article about whether tiny houses appreciate or depreciate in value. I would think that one built on wheels, so it [...]

{ 11 comments }
Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 11.57.19 AM

Tiny Houses: El Paso County Approval of Tiny Homes (Videos)

During the discussions with El Paso County Commissioners on Tuesday the industry shared some interesting concepts for how these tiny homes are being clustered into highly efficient communities elsewhere and how they might play a role in addressing the need for more workforce housing in El Paso County.2 Video 1: Tiny Houses Regulation Discussion at [...]

{ 8 comments }
Tiny Houses Now Legal in Portland

Tiny Houses Now Legal in Portland?

The answer is, not really! The truth is that tiny houses on wheels and RV’s parked on residential properties are simply being tolerated while parked on residential property in Portland, Oregon for the time being. In other words, they’re de-prioritizing code enforcement in these cases because changing the law is complicated (so this is a [...]

{ 19 comments }

10 Warnings Before You Go Tiny

I thought you might enjoy this article from Small Home Family which gives us 10 warnings before going tiny or small, specifically with your family. If you’re seriously considering downsizing to a tiny or small home, this may shed some light on the challenges that you may encounter. So do you still think you can go tiny [...]

{ 10 comments }
small-wooden-house-906912_640

Tiny House Mistakes and Realities: Parking, Land, and Ownership!

One of the biggest mistakes I see people make when wanting to live in a tiny house is that they don’t secure a place to put it. If you want a long-term, reliable, comfortable, secure home, the best way to get that is to own a home along with the property it sits on, right? So let’s [...]

{ 161 comments }