In this article you’ll learn about how and why you might hate living in a tiny house.
In the tiny house world, we constantly glamorize the lifestyle because it has its benefits (costs less, quick to clean/maintain, better for the environment, etc.), so I think it’s best to offer a reality check, and I’m glad Jenna, of Tiny House Giant Journey, is doing that for us today.
In the video below, she covers the top 10 reasons why living in a tiny house stinks so I wanted to share them with you to start a discussion about it in the comments and then I wanted to ask you the all important question, which is…
Will any of these drawbacks stop you from going tiny?
Top 10 Reasons Why Living in a Tiny House Can Be Terrible And Why You Might Hate It
1. Tiny Homes Get Dirty Fast
2. Composting Toilets Get Old When You Have Guests (And Have to Explain How to Use It)
3. Making Your Bed And Changing Your Sheets in Close Quarters (Like a Sleeping Loft) Is Really Annoying
4. Smells Can Take Over the House Easily (Your Stinky Dog, the Bathroom, Too Much Perfume, When Cooking)
5. Having Guests Over is Tight… No Space for Activities and Hardly Any Space for Sleepovers
6. In a Tiny House on Wheels, You Cannot Add on to Your Tiny House
7. Weigh Limitations on Trailer Axles So You Have to Be Careful About What You Put In Your Tiny House
8. Tiny Closet Spaces So You Can’t Have Lots of Clothes
9. Parking and Insurance Can Be Challenging to Find (Legally)
10. People will Judge You For Living Tiny, Using Composting Toilets, Etc.
But I’m curious, will any of these reasons stop you from living tiny?
Let’s Talk About It!
Which one of these downsides of tiny house living is the worst for you?
Are any of them complete deal breakers for you?
Or could you live with them and still go tiny and see yourself doing it happily?
How could you get passed these issues? Maybe with a small house on a foundation? An apartment? Or are you good with a tiny house on wheels or something similar to it?
Let’s talk about it in the comments!
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more! Thank you!
More Like This: Explore our Discussions Section
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- 803 Sq. Ft. Tiny Home on 2 Acres in Ashland City, Tennessee for $139,000 OBO - April 17, 2019
- She added a porch to her tiny house in the woods… - April 14, 2019
- 28-foot Lightweight Gooseneck Tiny House: The Tucson by Rocky Mountain Tiny Houses - April 11, 2019