This is the story of Graeme Jenvey of the Woodness Goodness YouTube Channel and the $13,000 DIY tiny cabin that he built in only 55 days during 2020. The structure is 12-ft. wide and 20-ft. in length.
Already living on a 3-acre plot of land, it was easy to find a spot in the backyard for the build. In 2020, with a full lockdown in place, it was even easier to go ahead and decide to do it. So here it is. His DIY cabin built in only 55 days, as a self-taught woodworker, too!
Don’t miss other inspiring stories like this, join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
He Built A $13,000 Tiny Cabin In Only 55 Days
After digging and setting up the foundation piers, it’s time to start building…
The foundation is coming together.
Always make sure you’re level.
Building a cabin isn’t easy, but it’s certainly worth it.
And getting to do it in beautiful weather, surrounded by nature, can be a sort of zen experience.
Building out the walls.
Getting everything lifted and connected to each other.
Installing the insulation.
Preparing for the roof installation.
Installing the metal roof.
Sheathing the exterior walls.
You can see the front door cut out here.
Drilling into the concrete.
Covering the cabin with beautiful siding.
Preparing for the windows.
More windows. 🙂
As you can see it is nicely insulated inside.
Finishing touches on the ceiling and exposed beams.
The little cabin with some fog.
Finishing up details on the trim.
The cabin all done!
55 days of hard work.
VIDEO – I built a Cabin in 2020 – Start to Finish
VIDEOS – All Episodes
- 240-sq.-ft. cabin build
- 12′ x 20′ footprint
- Built for reading, hanging out, and to use as a home office
- Someday there may be a bed in there for camping and guests
- The cabin is built with a shed style roof that’s 12-ft. high on one end and 8-ft. high on the other end.
- No bathroom or kitchen just yet, but a nearby outhouse is in talks.
- Read the interview with the owner/builder over at FIELD MAG right here.
- He Built His Tiny Cabin in 12 Days of Construction
- $700 Micro A-frame Cabin Built in 3 Weeks
- Father/Son Build $15k Tiny Cabin – How To Build A Cabin
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- 400-sq.-ft. Foothills Tiny House - February 23, 2021
- Ram ProMaster City Van Conversion: Weekender Camper by Voyager Conversions - February 23, 2021
- 2019 Ram ProMaster City Van Conversion: Outback Camper - February 22, 2021