If you were to start building your own tiny house right now, which of Tumbleweed’s designs would you pick?
The reason I’m asking is because I just talked to Steve from Tumbleweed Tiny Houses and he graciously asked me if I’d like to be apart of the Orlando, Florida Tumbleweed Tiny House Workshop and of course I said yes!
I am even more excited than I was the other day when I found out that I was featured on the Sunday cover of the Real Estate section on the News-Press where Jay Shafer, Kent Griswold, and Gregory Johnson were mentioned. How cool is that?
That’s our awesome little dog, Louie, in our apartment that we just moved into. It’s a 600 square foot place (we went up from 500) and it was a relatively easy move because we just had to go downstairs (same apartment building). I’ll tell you all about it later, if you even care to know.
At Tumbleweed’s workshops you will get to learn everything that has to do with building your own tiny house, like…
- How to put together a good foundation on a trailer
- Which 14 tools you’ll need to get the job done
- How to build the house on a regular foundation
- Guarding against condensation
- Framing and sheathing the home
- Best techniques for siding
- Proper insulation and venting
- Roofing how to’s and tips
- What kind of water heaters, kitchen appliances, toilets, and air conditioners you can use
- Information on building codes, restrictions, and zoning laws
Don’t worry – I’ll fill you in on the experience afterwards.
Meet Jay Shafer yourself so you can learn to build your own tiny house
Since he is pretty much on tour throughout 2011 in…
- Orlando, FL
- Sante Fe, NM
- Nashville, TN
- Honolulu, HI
- Boston, MA
- Olympia, WA
- Washington DC
- Chicago, IL
- Los Angeles, CA
- Portland, OR
- New York, NY
- Santa Rosa, CA
If you want more information like specific dates, just click here and you’ll gain access to pricing and booking in a new window/tab.
I have never been in a room with 30 other tiny housers let alone two or three so this is going to be AWESOME. Thank you, Steve! And after the workshop you can bet I’ll be on the hunt for my trailer!
I already have the XS House and Popomo plans designed by Shafer so that part is all figured out. But who knows, I might change my mind into one of the slightly roomier models since it’s not just me who will be using it.
So, what model would YOU build and why? Leave your comments way below!
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- 950 Sq. Ft. Renovated Small Cottage in St. George, SC - October 16, 2017
- Tiny Studio Yurt Cabin in Bryce Canyon - October 15, 2017
- Tiny A-frame Cabin in Conway, NH (For Sale!) - October 15, 2017