Jay Shafer of Tumbleweed Houses designed the XS House. It’s one of their smallest designs at just 65 square feet.
Going this small has its benefits because the house is easy to park, tow, and maneuver. It also costs less than the other larger models, requires a less expensive trailer, and is easier to build and move.
The XS House by Jay Shafer
Photo credits: Tumbleweed Houses
A tiny house for a true minimalist.
The kitchenette with marine style fireplace.
The sleeping loft with closet space.
A little window in the loft.
Estimated Building Costs
$16,000 (2010 estimate)
Price of plans
Plans no longer available.
Buy it ready-made from Tumbleweed
$38,998 (2010 info, no longer available)
*Pricing is approximate and may change
Info on Plans
The plans include 15 total pages with
- Front, back, side elevations
- Floor plans for downstairs and loft
- Electrical plans for downstairs and loft
- A diagram that cuts the house in half to show insulation, roof pitch, and more
- Instructions on how to attach the house to a trailer
- Framing walls
- Details for built-in furniture and cabinets
- Door dimensions
- Full material list (windows, heater, lumber, and more)
Sorry but these plans are no longer available.
If you enjoyed this XS house you’ll love our free daily tiny house newsletter with more photos, ideas, designs, plans, and more inside!
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- REVIEW: Jackery 1500 Solar Generator + 4 x SolarSaga 100W Panels - October 17, 2021
- Jackery’s 9th Anniversary Sale: 15% Discount on Solar Generators, Solar Panels, And Battery Banks - October 17, 2021
- Felling Tiny House Plans - October 15, 2021