This is the Original Tree House located at East Zion Resort in Orderville, Utah on 490 East State Street. It’s a rock climber’s dream because you can actually climb up from the inside of the trunk. It’s super-cool!
The craziest part about it? It’s built on the preserved trunk of a 100-year-old cottonwood tree that actually died on the property! How interesting is that?
Don’t miss other incredible stories like this – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
This Tree House Was Built On The Preserved Trunk Of A 100-Year-Old Cottonwood Tree!
When their 100-year-old cottonwood tree died, they were so sad and couldn’t just cut it down.
So they preserved the trunk and built a tree house on it!
Now, you can actually enter through the hobbit-like door and climb to your heart’s content because it’s hallow inside. It’s a rock climber’s dream! Pretty awesome, and kind of scary (if you have children). But let’s go inside and see what it’s like!
There’s air conditioning, TV, furniture, and everything else you can imagine in a home.
If the inside of the trunk entryway is too extreme for you, don’t worry, there is a normal staircase to get up here too.
And when you get inside, the stairs don’t stop. Right by the kitchenette, is your stairway to the loft. Show you that later!
A moment to appreciate the tiny kitchen.
The bathroom is pretty luxurious, don’t you think?
And there seems to be a standard flush toilet.
This awesome tree house is located in Orderville, Utah, in case you ever want to book a stay.
The loft looks very cozy, clean, and comfortable. If you don’t like the king bed loft, you can turn the downstairs couch into a bed.
This little tree house was built with rustic and modern finishes. I really like how it turned out, how about you?
You may even run into some free range chickens if you wander around.
The property still boasts some of the original farm equipment that was used on the land previously.
- Tree house built on 100-year-old preserved cottonwood tree trunk
- Can sleep up to 3 guests
- There’s a king bed in the sleeping loft
- And the sofa turned into a sleeper
- Luxury bathroom
- Free wifi, DirectTV, Netflix, Hulu, etc.
- Located at East Zion Resort
- 490 E State St Orderville, UT
- Whispering Pines Log Cabin on Stilts
- Walker Pond Tiny Tree Cabin in Vermont
- Teen Builds Tiny Tree Cabin For Less Than 2k
- Tree Cabin on a Permaculture Farm
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- Roger’s Cottage, 675-sq.-ft. Retreat in Downtown Raleigh - October 15, 2020
- Liz and Ron’s Married Life In A Van - October 14, 2020
- Expedition Evans: From Van Life to Salvaging a Sailboat - October 14, 2020