This is the Homegrown Trailers Teardrop-Inspired tiny camper!
Homegrown Trailers™ produces artisan, sustainable travel trailers for sale and rent. We combine the beauty and lifestyle of tiny houses with the mobility of campers.
Please enjoy, learn more, and re-share below. Thank you!
Teardrop-Inspired Tiny Camper by Homegrown Trailers
Video: Homegrown Trailers
- SIZE & WEIGHT
- Dimensions: 18” length, 7’4” width, 6’9” height (with pop-top down), 8’5” (with pop-top up)
- Weight: Approximately 2,500 lbs dry weight; 3,000 lbs capacity
- Solar panels: 400 watts of low-profile, flexible panels (standard); expandable to 1,000-watts
- Batteries: 3,000 watt-hour lithium-ion batteries (standard); expandable to 7,500 watt-hours
- Inverter: 2000-watt low frequency power inverter charger with automatic transfer switch and 40 amp battery charger
- Other equipment for system: Charge controller with advanced maximum power point tracking (MPPT) control algorithm; battery charge indicator and inverter/shore power switch; standard electrical panel
- EXTERIOR BODY
- Chassis: Durable and lightweight steel frame; 11” axle clearance, 18” trailer clearance; two 205/75R14 trailer tires; 2 leveling scissor jacks
- Hitch package: Long, 4’4” ft tongue with 2” ball receiver and tongue jack with wheel; on your vehicle, you’ll need a Class II receiver with a 2″ ball hitch that’s about 16″ off the ground and a 4-pin wire connector
- Trailer shell: Sustainably-sourced cedar siding; XXX framing wood, XXX plywood, and wool insulation in walls; sustainable plywood and fiberglass nose and tail curvatures with wool insulation; marine-grade plywood for the underfloor with foam board insulation; non-toxic stain or paints
- Pop-top: Hard-sided component that raises to max 6’5” indoor headroom and drops down for aerodynamic travel; made from sustainably-sourced XXX wood and foam board insulation; lifting assisted by high-performance gas struts
- Back hatch: Locking hatch at the rear of the trailer reveals a 8.6 sq ft counter for outdoor cooking, light storage, or other purposes
- Driving lights: 4-pin connector ensures that brake, signal, emergency, and side running lights are functional and visible
- Door: Split “Dutch” door
- INTERIOR SHELL
- Windows: 2 double-paned, tempered glass, crank-opening fiberglass storm windows on the side of the trailer and 1 large Plexiglas window at the rear with sliding panels for easy ventilation or weather protection; curtains provided for each window
- Flooring: Sustainably-harvested cork available in multiple styles and colors
- Interior wood: Sustainably-sourced maple, poplar, coated plywood; walls and trim wood available in multiple colors
- Kitchen counter: Durable surface (74” length, 24” depth) made from post-consumer recycled paper saturated with natural resins; available in multiple colors
- Appliances: 2.6 cu ft ENERGY STAR® rated mini-fridge; two-burner induction cooktop with glass ceramic surface and 150°F – 450°F temperature range (1,800 watts)
- Water system: 12-gallon freshwater tank pumps to a large sink (with drying area) at the rear counter; sink water drains through back of trailer into a modular, external graywater tank; water heater available as an add-on option
- INTERIOR FEATURES
- Beds: Sleeps 4 people with 1 pull-out “shy” queen (78’ length, 60’ width) and 2 XL twin bunks (top: 78’ length, 36’ width; bottom: 78’ length, 24’ width); both beds convert into couches for lots of sitting area; standard mattress/cushions are ultra-comfortable foam; premium Soaring Heart latex mattresses available as an add-on option
- Composting toilet: Self-contained toilet that helps users gain more travel flexibility and avoid dump stations; liquids require dumping every 2-5 days and solids every 3-4 weeks; privacy screen provide to separate toilet area
- Table: 5.5 sq ft table opens for 2-4 people or stows away
- Lighting: 6 interior (4 kitchen, 1 bed, 1 bathroom) LED lights on dimmer controls and 1 outdoor porch light
- Power outlets: 5 standard 120 volt outlets; 2 USB outlets for phone charging
- Storage: Approximately 15.5 cu ft in cabinet, 2.7 cu ft in 3 drawers, and 34.5 cu ft under beds; multiple hooks for hanging clothes, hats, bags, or other items
- Other: Fire extinguisher, smoke detector, crank handle for scissor jacks, and wheel chocks
Our big thanks to Eric for sharing!
You can share this tiny house with your friends and family for free using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks.
If you enjoyed this teardrop tiny camper you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more! Thank you!
More Like This: Explore our Teardrop Section
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- ’98 School Bus Turned Home for Student & Yogi - January 21, 2021
- Goodbye NYC, Hello RV! Traveling in Big Blue - January 20, 2021
- Art We There Yet? Artists’ Mobile Home & Studio with Murphy Bed - January 20, 2021